Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4138 by steelekht
Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:03 pm
I have just received my new Ooma unit yesterday. EXCITED!!!!
Activated it successfully within couple of minutes. I connected Ooma unit thru my router as instructed. After reset my cable modem; Ooma button turned "blue" - Voila!!!
However,
I. my new phone line is not able to receive, nor call out????When I made call to the Ooma's new number, there is message saying "Phone is not available, please leave message". I left a test message. Ooma unit indicated there was a recorded message in mail box and I am able to retrieve it with Ooma unit.
2. Internet thru router does not work; no signal thru wireless???But if I connect cable out of Ooma Unit to computer directly. internet is working.

Disconnect Ooma unit from modem and router; everything works as normal???? Does it mean this unit has defects???

Please advise!

Thanks
#4144 by steelekht
Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:20 pm
Thank you Wayne. I am now able to make the internet working thru router by just cycling power of the modem and the router. I am also able to make call out; but for call in, the phone connected to Ooma can not pickup nor ring, and I receive this message right awaY:"the person you have dialed can not take your call right now please leave a message..."
Please advise.

Again thank you very much for your help
#4148 by WayneDsr
Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:34 pm
Make sure your voicemail key (the one with the envelope) is not red.
If it is you are set to send caller to voicemail. Hold the key down for about 5 seconds and it will turn off allowing you to receive a call.

Wayne