Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#62471 by quanvuong
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 pm
Today I returned my telo back to amazon.com for a refund because I tested my new phone number that was assigned by Ooma several times and I found out the calls couldn't get through. No wonder when I checked my Ooma account log file, it show several incoming calls but I have never heard any rings from my phone. Some of my friends who called me on this new Ooma's phone number and have the same complains about it also. At first I did not believe them, then I used my cell phone to call in and found out many calls were made and actually could not get thru. I have tested the number in several different days and times, the results were not a reliable device for a replacement serious home phone where you can expect some important calls.
I couldn't find any links in my Ooma's account where I can cancel my 30 days trial period for the Ooma telo? The web portal design was so poor and hard to navigate around. Ooma has kept my credit card account information and probably will bill my credit card for monthly tax and others, so how do I let them know that I returned my Telo back to amazon.com within 10 days since the date I received the device and do not want them bill my credit card anything simply because I already return my telo back to the merchandise?
#62500 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 am
quanvuong wrote:I have tested the number in several different days and times, the results were not a reliable device for a replacement serious home phone where you can expect some important calls.

This is not normal. FYI, the carrier routing might of had problems which ooma could have fixed easily by assigning you a different number. I've had excellent reliable service from ooma outside of the "incoming" call outage that started yesterday morning and fixed (for my general area) last night.
#62505 by ntoy
Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 am
Hello,

I agree with lbmofo. Like most companies, we're not a one stop shop. Many things take place behind the scenes. We have partner relations such as how call routing is handled. The hardware could be fine, it is more likely an issue with our carrier.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to look up your account with the email address you used to register in the forums. If you are willing to give it another try, we can work with our carrier to resolve your issue. If you are set in your mind, you can send me a pm with your mac address or name on the account & I can verify if it has been cancelled.
#62601 by sonic
Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm
I believe my experience was worse than the presented. I tried to set up Telo tonight and "selected" a number as presented. The online installation went very smoothly so I even went ahead to authorize number porting. However, when I tried to call the number, I could not get any rings. I tried using various phone numbers to call this "selected number". I found out I could use the phone to call out but never the other way around. Finally, I received a call from a guy asking me why I kept calling his number, the exact same phone number presented to me by Ooma. The guy said he has the number and he used to be Ooma customer. I tried to call the customer support 877 number from 9 pm (EST) to almost 10 pm, but I couldn't get any live person to answer the phone. All I heard was the annoying music and recording. After this, I'm losing confidence of Ooma completely, the least of it is the customer support. I also sent out a few e-mails asking for help. Now all the calls I made would show on other's caller ID the number for the other guy, while I could not receive any call when anybody using that number. If you think I'm pissed, think about the poor guy who is receiving these calls. I plan to return the order to Costco and cancel everything first thing in the morning, hopefully by talking with some "customer support" people in Ooma. Now I just hope my request for porting is not going to mess up my current phone number. :idea:
#62608 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 pm
Get CS to assign you a new number. You'll enjoy ooma minus this snafu.
#62615 by quanvuong
Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 am
ntoy wrote:If you are set in your mind, you can send me a pm with your mac address or name on the account & I can verify if it has been cancelled.

Thanks everyone for all of your related answers to my question :D
Unfortunately, my Telo was already on its way back to amazon.com for a refund. ;)
It was so hard to contact a customer service at Ooma for any issues and I decided not to mess with Ooma's devices anymore. I have enough time to test Ooma for more than 10 days and majority times neither my friends nor myself could get the call through :cry: , yet I was able to make all outgoing calls with no problems.
I have missed several important calls from my financial institute and of course I was not very happy since i put all of my trust into Ooma's device and turned out oppositely.
Fortune enough I did not port my home phone yet otherwise I got myself in the situation even worse trying to get it back to its normal working condition. :)
This is my MAC Address: 0018-6105-7C24, please tell me if mine has been canceled! :?
#62630 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 am
quanvuong, like I said earlier, what you experienced isn't normal. A call to CS would have addressed your issue in a jiffy so once this ordeal is over, hope you give ooma another try. With a non problematic number assigned, you'll find ooma service to be a reliable alternative to your traditional landline and/or overpriced VoIP.
#62633 by ntoy
Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 am
Hello quanvuong,

Your account has been cancelled. I do want to echo lbmofo's comments.
#63452 by richyrich
Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:48 pm
what you are experiencing is "normal". I am experiencing the exact same thing, as are others on this board. I purchased ooma and was assigned a number that is in use by someone else. It doesn't ring for me because it is ringing for someone else!

Calling customer service is a dead end. Nothing but on hold music.

So far, not so good.