Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61689 by jhumroo
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm
I just activated my Ooma hub today. I went through the online activation and selected a new number. After I connected the hub and went through the online setup, it asked me if I wanted to "Select a second phone number."

I selected a 2nd number, which means I now have two unique Ooma phone numbers.

So my question is, is this a Premiere only feature that will get disabled once my account reverts back to Basic -- after the Premere trial ends OR does every Ooma account actually give you two phone numbers?
Last edited by jhumroo on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#61690 by Groundhound
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 pm
jhumroo wrote:So my question is, is this a Premiere only feature that will get disabled once my account reverts back Basic -- after the Premere trial ends OR does every Ooma account actually give you two phone numbers?

It is a Premier only feature that you have during your free trial period. It will be lost if you cancel Premier.
#61691 by southsound
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 pm
Yes - but Premier has so many great features, second number, blacklist, anonymous call block, etc. that is might be something you want to consider. I use my second number (shared) on my Telo. When a call comes in to it, my phones ring with two short rings so I know it is the second line. We have a non-profit charity I manage so it is great to know how to answer the phone. If you have teenage kids, you could offer them their own number (and that spells relief for mom and dad).

Lest I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forums! You are going to like it here. :cool:

Darn! I should either type faster or give less information. Sorry Groundhound. :P
#61692 by jhumroo
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:42 pm
Thanks for the quick response guys.

Another question: If I decide to drop Premiere, can I pick which phone number I want to keep?

Reason I ask, when I selected the 1st number, I selected an ok number, but I got a better number when I added the 2nd number. I'd like to keep the 2nd one if I had to choose between the two.
#61698 by ajw522
Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:31 pm
jhumroo wrote:Thanks for the quick response guys.

Another question: If I decide to drop Premiere, can I pick which phone number I want to keep?

Reason I ask, when I selected the 1st number, I selected an ok number, but I got a better number when I added the 2nd number. I'd like to keep the 2nd one if I had to choose between the two.

You may want to call Customer Service and make sure that the 1st number is the one that goes away.