Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61538 by Lapwolf
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:21 pm
Ooma Support was able to configure my 2 line hub/scout combo exactly as I needed. My hub and router are located in my office and the scout is located in the kitchen. I needed the scout to have the primary number associated with it and the hub to have the second number.

They wanted to swap the numbers primary/secondary relationship, but that's not what I wanted unless it was the only possible way to do the associations as I requested. They did a little homework, we experimented, and viola, it worked. I now have separate voicemail for each line and they only ring were they are suppose to, just like my old landline setup.

Ooma Support was skeptical, but willing to try if I was, and it worked out perfectly. Hats off to Ooma Support!!
#61545 by ajw522
Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 pm
That's great! And let me be the first to say welcome to the Ooma Forums! You're going to like it here! :)
#61648 by 1051
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:57 am
I just ported over a second line that I have a call forward on, any idea how to set up voice mail on my original phone number again, I only want voice mail on my second line that use to be my 1st line.
#61653 by ntoy
Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Hello,

Current view of your account shows that both numbers are shared which means that there is one common voicemail acct. You could assign the 2nd number to a telo handset which would create a 2nd voice mail acct and change voice mail pickup time to something like 59 seconds.
#61654 by 1051
Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 pm
Would I use unassigned under handset number? if so will all hand sets ring? we have 4 handsets.
#61753 by ranto2000
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am
I have two phone lines with AT&T (with two sets of jacks, one line for home and the other for home office) and I just purchased the Hub and successfully installed it yesterday (I think!). I requested the home office line be ported over to OOMA and now I am thinking about switching the home line as well. The question is whether I need to have the home line ported over as well (I have a scout!) and whether I need a new device. I use cable internet - so I will not have the DSL issues mentioned here. Please let me know the pros and cons (even if I need to keep basic AT&T service!)

Incidentally, I did select a second number as part of the Premier trial (I want to keep my original home phone # mentioned above, which is different from the second OOma premier #!). Overall I am very happy with the quality so far, which is why I am considering a complete switch!
#61767 by Lapwolf
Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm
jpalermo3 wrote:I have the same issue and would appreciate if you could share what you did so I can try it.

Normally you anchor the primary number to the hub and the secondary number to the scout. They just reversed that, not knowing whether it would work, and and when I rebooted, the primary number was at the scout and the secondary number was at the hub. The downside is each number is exclusive to the device (ie. the hub can only access the second number whether you press 1 or 2).

You also have separate voicemail for each number as well...