Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61481 by anastas
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:29 am
I plug in my phone to the OOMA Hub box and the incoming calls do not ring the phone??? So I wanted to double check that I activated the device since I also have another one that I just setup I am getting confused with the two... When I go to the activation page and try to enter in the activation code I get this error.

"Activation Code Does Not Exist"

Does this mean it is already activated? or is there some error. I purchased the Hub on Amazon brand new.

Thanks for any assistance,
Edward
#61496 by murphy
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 am
anastas wrote:I plug in my phone to the OOMA Hub box and the incoming calls do not ring the phone??? So I wanted to double check that I activated the device since I also have another one that I just setup I am getting confused with the two... When I go to the activation page and try to enter in the activation code I get this error.

Does this mean it is already activated? or is there some error. I purchased the Hub on Amazon brand new.

Edward

It could mean that the code was never entered into Ooma's database.
It's more likely that you mis-typed the number. It's a hexadecimal number. (Numbers 0 through 9 and letters A through F)
The last digit is a check digit to catch typing errors.
The first 6 characters of the activation code are the same as the last 6 characters of the MAC address that are on the same label. They compute the check digit by plugging the first 6 characters into a formula. If the result doesn't match the entered 7th digit, the whole entry is rejected.
#61553 by anastas
Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm
Yeah, ahh no... .

That's obviously the first thing I checked. The activation code is definitely correct as I typed it in several times on different occasions.

I also tried to contact them several times and could not get through to the customer service. I may just have to buckle down and wait on hold till they pick up.

I would think that all the codes that they manufacture and put on the boxes are entered into the database. Although this was an older Hub model. I liked the older model simplicity better over the newer models.

Thanks though!
#61554 by ajw522
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:00 pm
I have been told from CS that sometimes, the letters/number are very hard to read and easily confusable with another character. To really confirm that you have the right activation code, plug your ooma into power, and then connect your computer to the HOME port on the Hub - you don't have to connect the internet. Then, open up a web browser and go to http://setup.ooma.com - Click Network on the left hand side and scroll down. You will see the correct MAC address under HOME Port MAC Address. Make sure you are typing in those last 6 digits.
#61555 by ajw522
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 pm
murphy wrote:
anastas wrote:I plug in my phone to the OOMA Hub box and the incoming calls do not ring the phone??? So I wanted to double check that I activated the device since I also have another one that I just setup I am getting confused with the two... When I go to the activation page and try to enter in the activation code I get this error.

Edward

It could mean that the code was never entered into Ooma's database.
It's more likely that you mis-typed the number. It's a hexadecimal number. (Numbers 0 through 9 and letters A through F)
The last digit is a check digit to catch typing errors.
The first 6 characters of the activation code are the same as the last 6 characters of the MAC address that are on the same label. They compute the check digit by plugging the first 6 characters into a formula. If the result doesn't match the entered 7th digit, the whole entry is rejected.

The Hub does not have the 7th digit. The Hub only had 6 characters.
#61567 by ntoy
Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:50 am
Hello,

It's possible that we may have missed a few mac's in our database. As ajw522 mentioned, if you go to setup.ooma.com, you will be able to verify the true mac. You can send me a pm.

Thx