Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#3999 by Bazile
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 pm
I've read the posts here, and I'm mega confused.

My situation:
    I've got a land line, and Ooma is up and running. (I'm keeping the land line because I get my DSL thru it and because power outages are common where I live.)

I have a business number I'm porting over to Ooma from Vonage. I really only need the business phone number to be able to take voicemail messages.

I just signed up for Premier because it seems like the only way I can use Ooma for the business number is to run the business number thru Scout.

But all of my phone jacks are regular land line jacks, and now I'm not sure I can get there from here... Do I need Premier? Can I accomplish what I'm trying to do?

I'd appreciate any help, suggestions, guidance. There's apparently a second phone line wired into my house, if that's worth anything.

Thanks!
#4051 by WayneDsr
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:24 am
What trim81 is saying is:
You don't need the WALL going to the wall jack in the house. Just set the Scout next to the hub (as I have) and connect the WALL from the hub to the WALL in the Scout. Attach a second phone to the Scout. This way you have access to both lines from one spot.

Wayne
#4413 by luvalaff
Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:04 pm
I am also confused. Do I actually need to port the AT&T number to ooma that I want to keep if I am going to keep the landline with minimum services? Or do I just call out on ooma and let incoming calls come through AT&T?
#4414 by WayneDsr
Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 pm
If you want to keep your landline number and not combine it with ooma, you can.
Ooma will handle all calls in and out.
Your landline can be plugged into any phone jack with out the scout and will work as a totally separate phone system.

The only reason you'd port the phone number over to ooma is if you didn't want the landline anymore and you want to keep your old phone number.

Wayne