Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61318 by digitaldude
Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm
I recently ported my number to ooma and have canceled my previous VOIP service (Vonage) and am successfully using the ooma telo box for calls throughout the house. The ooma telo phone out is connected to the wall which allows all phones in the house to make and receive calls and it successfully shows incoming caller ID. The vonage box has been disconnected. The outgoing caller ID still shows as "Unknown" for both my ported number and the virtual number given to me by ooma. I have even tied in the GVE to the virtual number to display my GV number as my outgoing caller ID and it fails to display anything but "Unknown" as well. I made sure the privacy settings box "Block display of my caller-ID for outbound calls" is unchecked and have tried both the ported number and virtual number as the default with smilar results.

What am I doing wrong?
#61319 by hpepper
Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm
digitaldude wrote:I recently ported my number to ooma and have canceled my previous VOIP service (Vonage) and am successfully using the ooma telo box for calls throughout the house. The ooma telo phone out is connected to the wall which allows all phones in the house to make and receive calls and it successfully shows incoming caller ID. The vonage box has been disconnected. The outgoing caller ID still shows as "Unknown" for both my ported number and the virtual number given to me by ooma. I have even tied in the GVE to the virtual number to display my GV number as my outgoing caller ID and it fails to display anything but "Unknown" as well. I made sure the privacy settings box "Block display of my caller-ID for outbound calls" is unchecked and have tried both the ported number and virtual number as the default with smilar results.

What am I doing wrong?

I would call Customer Support.