Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61818 by midas
Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:41 pm
Monday update is I have now progressed to the next step. Now at PORT SCHEDULED FOR COMPLETION. This matches the 8-13 date given in the previous step (ESTIMATE). So for those keeping track, the order was placed on 8-03 at 4AM PST.
#61824 by ITShinobi
Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm
lbmofo wrote:Not sure if you tried already but you may want to email directly with the porting department loa@ooma.com

Every customer service rep I've talked to over the past two months has already done that. This has been a total nightmare for me to get a number ported. I can port a cell number from any carrier to another carrier while I'm still on the phone with them! At this point it's turned into morbid curiosity as to whether or not it will ever complete. I'm waiting until the latest round of "7 to 10 days" to expire and then I'm filing a complaint with the FCC. I'll post the link for those of us in the same boat.
#61829 by ITShinobi
Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm
lbmofo wrote:I meant cut out the CS middle man.

"Customer Service" already took care of that according to what they told me, but thank you for trying to help. At this point I'm hesitant to bypass any mechanisms they may already have in place that may further delay my absurdly long port process.

BTW - anyone that's interested can find all related FCC info here to see what their phone number porting mandates are and how to file a complaint.

http://www.fcc.gov/cib/consumerfacts/numbport.html
#61854 by ITShinobi
Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:27 pm
lbmofo wrote:Not sure if you tried already but you may want to email directly with the porting department loa@ooma.com

I figured I have nothing left to lose at this point since the port status still hasn't changed. Shocker. I emailed this address. I can't say that I'm holding my breath though. Thanks for the info.
#62017 by renatae
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 am
Update on my porting - Port was initiated August 3 in the afternoon. On the 5th, I received notice that port was initiated. Within the next day or two, I believe, I received estimated date of port - August 12th. On the 10th I received notice that the port was definitely scheduled for the 12th. On the 12th, the port was completed.

This morning I put in a call to at&t to cancel service (as Ooma had said wait another business day to do so.) I connected with an automated service that worked quite well, which told me my disconnect order was submitted August 5th and completed August 12th. So there really was nothing I needed to do.

Wow, finally free of at&t! Have to say a little nostalgia as we have been captive MaBell, BabyBell, at&t customers for over 40 years. Feels a little weird to cut the tether, but I will not miss the bills! My Ooma pays for itself in one month - my last bill was $200 for local toll call usage that suddenly increased due to our son getting a girlfriend. Goodbye 16 cents a minute for calls going 4 miles!

mikesv and ITShinobi, hope your accounts are ported soon!
#62019 by ITShinobi
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 am
I have had no movement beyond the standard "we're waiting for a response from our carrier" since I last posted. Still not impressed. I think I'm just seeing it through out of morbid curiosity at this point.

I'm glad that it worked out for you.
#62033 by midas
Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 am
Mine was completed today as scheduled. Old number is now ringing through and shows up as outbound caller-ID. Haven't been able to check if the name is coming though on outbound calls yet.