Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61489 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 am
http://tnid.org/

When you search your number here, does it say XO Communications as your current carrier? If so, ooma has your number, they just need to claim it.
#61507 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:29 am
So that means Verizon still has the number. Just need to make it active again with Verizon so ooma can port it over.
#61536 by Lapwolf
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 pm
My port from AT&T just completed as scheduled. Entered order on 7/26 and it completed without a hitch @ 2PM today, 8/04.
#61541 by midas
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
At 36 hours after I started I am at the 3rd step, port initiated. Here's where it gets interesting. They estimate 8-10 as the completion date. I thought this was the part that was now mandated to be 1 day. That means it's possible it could be done by this time tomorrow.
#61546 by wpwood3
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:06 pm
Here's what it says on the FCC website:

The Porting Period

The FCC has changed its number porting rules to shorten the porting period for “simple” ports from the current four days to one business day. The new deadline applies to all simple ports, including “intermodal” ports such as wireline to wireless, wireless to wireline, wireline or wireless to VoIP, or any other combination. Simple ports generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment. Wireline, wireless, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers are required to meet this new, simple port deadline, which will take effect in late summer 2010 for most carriers. Small, rural carriers have a longer period, until the beginning of 2011, to meet the new porting deadline.
#61647 by Camilla
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:45 am
lbmofo wrote:
Camilla wrote:Lucky for you the number porting was a fast process! I'm stuck with having to call Verizon after patiently waiting 18 days for my number to port. Nope, number didn't port (via an Ooma rejection email). Indeed, I followed instructions to dryloop my landline/dsl before initiating the port. Apparently when I did so, Verizon disconnected my phone number. This whole time I've been anxiously waiting with high hopes due to the fact that Ooma.com/porting_status page had 3 green checks next to positive words like 'order recieved', 'information verified', 'port initiated', and the best one... 'number port is estimated to complete on Aug 03, 2010'. Classic. Above all, I have to explain this to my mom. I bet you $1000 she will say "Get my LANDLINE BACK!!!" I hope if and when I get this fixed it'll be smooth sailing from here.

P.S. I had Verizon problems drylooping the service. I had to call Verizon:Outsource Edition about 10 times. Wow Wow Wow!

PSS sorry for the negative post waaa waa waaaa

Is your landline operational or dead?

So- I called Verizon to activate my line back for $19.999999 (basic service of course) on Aug. 4. I called Ooma to re-port the number Aug. 5th. Now my status shows online "Number port is estimated to complete on Aug 20, 2010". GREAT! maybe it's better just to stick with the landline cause now I getting complaints from the household peeps about the whole faxing bit. Does anyone know if its possible to receive faxes from Ooma? I know if u send u have to press *99. Is there an Ooma Guide for Dummies 101 manual somewhere?
#61649 by wpwood3
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 am
Camilla wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to receive faxes from Ooma? I know if u send u have to press *99. Is there an Ooma Guide for Dummies 101 manual somewhere?

Read THIS
#61650 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:18 pm
When receiving fax with Telo, you'd have to enable "fax mode" within my.ooma.com

For the older Hub device, the device auto-detects and changes to fax mode as needed.