Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61105 by wpwood3
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:36 pm
On July-21 I entered my request to have my number ported over from AT&T to Ooma
Today, July-30, the port was completed!

At approx 1pm today, my AT&T landline went dead (no dialtone). I could still dial out via my Ooma temp line but, nobody could dial in. By 7pm tonight my port was complete and people could dial into my Ooma phone using my old AT&T phone number

Kewl! :D
#61119 by midas
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm
lbmofo wrote:Come August 2, FCC mandated 1 day port will make it even faster.

I'm waiting till then to start my port. I figure it will give me a few more days to try out the service and make sure I like it. But I'll be curious to see if it's really one day. I assume, based on the law, that the old telco will have to do it in one day, but I wonder how long it's going to take Ooma to process things.
#61122 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:17 pm
Smaller carriers have 6 months grace and I am guessing ooma is considered small. At least the big boys won't hold things up come 8/2.
#61126 by midas
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:28 pm
I thought the new regulations were designed to prevent the old telco from stalling the transfer so they had a chance to talk you into staying with them. What little I read didn't seem to put any regulations in place to address the new telco side of the equation. The new telco (Ooma in this case) has all the incentive of trying to get it done quickly. After all, the customer trying to port the number is now their customer and likely to still be within their trial period. Doesn't make much sense to upset that customer if they don't have to.
#61428 by midas
Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:55 pm
Well let's see how the new laws work now. I started the porting process this morning at 4AM Pacific time. So far, 14 hours later, status shows it's still on the first step, order received.
#61431 by renatae
Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:17 pm
One day porting would be HUGE! :) I just connected today and filled out the forms for porting today as well - will let you know what happens.
#61452 by Camilla
Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am
Lucky for you the number porting was a fast process! I'm stuck with having to call Verizon after patiently waiting 18 days for my number to port. Nope, number didn't port (via an Ooma rejection email). Indeed, I followed instructions to dryloop my landline/dsl before initiating the port. Apparently when I did so, Verizon disconnected my phone number. This whole time I've been anxiously waiting with high hopes due to the fact that Ooma.com/porting_status page had 3 green checks next to positive words like 'order recieved', 'information verified', 'port initiated', and the best one... 'number port is estimated to complete on Aug 03, 2010'. Classic. Above all, I have to explain this to my mom. I bet you $1000 she will say "Get my LANDLINE BACK!!!" I hope if and when I get this fixed it'll be smooth sailing from here.

P.S. I had Verizon problems drylooping the service. I had to call Verizon:Outsource Edition about 10 times. Wow Wow Wow!

PSS sorry for the negative post waaa waa waaaa
#61453 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 am
Camilla wrote:Lucky for you the number porting was a fast process! I'm stuck with having to call Verizon after patiently waiting 18 days for my number to port. Nope, number didn't port (via an Ooma rejection email). Indeed, I followed instructions to dryloop my landline/dsl before initiating the port. Apparently when I did so, Verizon disconnected my phone number. This whole time I've been anxiously waiting with high hopes due to the fact that Ooma.com/porting_status page had 3 green checks next to positive words like 'order recieved', 'information verified', 'port initiated', and the best one... 'number port is estimated to complete on Aug 03, 2010'. Classic. Above all, I have to explain this to my mom. I bet you $1000 she will say "Get my LANDLINE BACK!!!" I hope if and when I get this fixed it'll be smooth sailing from here.

P.S. I had Verizon problems drylooping the service. I had to call Verizon:Outsource Edition about 10 times. Wow Wow Wow!

PSS sorry for the negative post waaa waa waaaa

Is your landline operational or dead?