Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60735 by emarkay
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm
Just moved, and have my OOMA Hub working fine. I want to use a second phone in a different room. I do have a Scout, but is it possible to just use 2 phones and a "splitter" jack?

I am not using Premier, and only need 2 phones here; one is the cordless.

Also, It looks like I can just bypass my home wiring (no easy access to jacks in new home) with a standard phone cable from the Hub to the Scout, correct?
#60736 by southsound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:21 pm
emarkay wrote:Just moved, and have my OOMA Hub working fine. I want to use a second phone in a different room. I do have a Scout, but is it possible to just use 2 phones and a "splitter" jack?
Yes. The Phone output of the hub is capable of driving many phones. The only consideration is to keep the total REN (you can find that on the bottom of the phone or phone base unit) under 5/0

I am not using Premier, and only need 2 phones here; one is the cordless.
The splitter will work just fine. The scout would be required for some Premier features (instant second line, second line, etc.)

Also, It looks like I can just bypass my home wiring (no easy access to jacks in new home) with a standard phone cable from the Hub to the Scout, correct?
You bet. Should work just fine. Also, note that there are some great deals out there on multiple handset cordless phones. My Uniden 1580-5 (five handsets) only cost about $80 at Staples a while back.