Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60734 by playsccr
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 pm
i have 1 hub connected to my router and 1 scout. i have 2 dedicated phone lines. all phone number have been ported.

1 line i want used only off the hub, the hub is connected directly to the router, i want to use it as a main house line

1 line i want used only off the scout, such as just an office or business line; connect to a wireless jack.

i have NO PHONEJACKS available, i purchased an RCA® Wireless Phone Jack System Model: RC940. the scout is connected to one end of the jacks. the ooma is connected to the other end.

how should i set up my system?
what gets connected where?

when i plug in my scout into the rca jack, all the buttons on the bottom row of the scout stay solid red.

is this even possible.

thanks for your help.

wireless jacks:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=3191352
#60739 by murphy
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:08 pm
playsccr wrote:the wall ports run off the same circuit breaker.

Set the hub and the scout side by side.
Connect a short phone cable from the hub's wall port to the scout's wall port.
Connect a phone to the phone port of the hub.
Connect another phone to the phone port of the scout.
Go to my.ooma.com and configure the scout as a personal device.
Assign the the office number to the scout personal device.
Wait 5 minutes.
Does it now work the way that you want?
#60740 by Groundhound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm
playsccr wrote:the wall ports run off the same circuit breaker.

I'm not sure what you mean. The "Wall" ports I was referring to are the ones on the back of the Hub and the Scout. You use a standard phone cord to connect them to each other. Connect phones (cordless or wired) to the phone ports on the Hub and Scout.
#60741 by playsccr
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:20 pm
so then the setup would be hub >phone cord >scout >phone cord >wireless jack >wireless jack in room2 >phone

previously i was connecting a phone cord from the hub to the jack and then in other room the jack to the scout. so the only connection between the hub and scout was via the phone jacks.
#60742 by Groundhound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm
Yes, wall port to wall port. That's how the Hub and Scout talk to each other. Phones connected to phone ports.

You said you didn't have a house jack available. If you did you could connect the Hub & Scout's wall ports to each other via house wiring (which explains the "wall port" terminology). I don't know if your RCA wireless jacks will work with the Hub & Scout for that purpose, but give it a try and let us know.