Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60710 by mgudim
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 am
My Ooma hub will not work. 1/2 solid red. I have the following on my setup page:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Registering, please wait...

Phone Line: Connected

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Disabled, visit www.ooma.com to enable.

I have verizon dls with a westell 7500 modem/router. installed to use with landline. number and dsl on same line. want to split and cancel landline later, after I get everything working. I verified all cables are hooked up in the correct places.
#60711 by southsound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 am
Many of us on the forum recommend against landline integration - but that said, since you have DSL you need to make sure you use a microfilter between the telco wall jack and the ooma Wall jack.

People are led to believe that it is best to integrate while porting but we have found that it limits the functionality of the ooma and really adds very little. If you decide to decouple the ooma from your landline you will need to call customer service to have them make the change. It is important to reboot your ooma hub after having them make the change. You can still use your old number on the ooma for incoming by setting up Call Forward All Calls on your ATT line to your new ooma number.

And let me welcome you to ooma and to the forum! :cool:
#60712 by ntoy
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:23 am
Hello,

Your account registration shows nonlandline configuration. In other words, your hub has no dependencies on your landline.
How do you have your hub configured?

Modem>Ooma hub?-If you look on the back of the hub on the port labeled "Modem," do you see a solid green led & the amber led blinking? With your internet provider, are you required to authenticate with username & password before accessing the internet?
#60713 by southsound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 am
ntoy wrote:Your account registration shows nonlandline configuration. In other words, your hub has no dependencies on your landline.

Good information, Norm. My thoughts still might be that if the OP has a line connected to their telco wiring it could be killing the DSL signal. Since it is not configured for landline integration, there should be nothing connected to the WALL port. Also, if the OP is using the scout, they will need to use a free pair in their home wiring because DSL and the hub/scout HPNA communications do not play well together.