Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60443 by Cistern
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 pm
I've only had my Telos for less than a week and had the system hooked up and working perfectly for two days when a bad lightning storm blew through last night. After the storm I noticed both the Telos and my DSL modem were not working. The Telos was completely dark with no lights on, red or blue. After power cycling it, it came on blinking and I left it and came back 30 min. later. The Telos was flashing red and very hot to the touch. I unplugged it and waited til the morning.

Working with Verizon today, I was able to reconnect my DSL connection, but had to dis-connect the Telos from my system to accomplish this. When I hook-up the Telos again in the configuaration I had prior to this incident, it continues to blink red and the DSL modem and is not detecting an ethernet connection either.

I don't know what the problem is, but I'm afraid the Telos was somehow effected by the lightning storm.

Is it possible the circuitry took a hit? If so what are my options in either repairing the unit or getting a replacement?

Thanks.