Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60404 by whitesox33
Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 am
Does anyone have their directv hooked up to their ooma without the landline setup? If so, is there anywhere on how to set this up?
#60409 by focuspuller
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am
just plug in to the Directv box.
#60413 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 am
I just decided to plug mine into the telo and noticed it has dialed about 10 times over night to 3 different numbers, length of call running from 0 to 20 seconds. Is this normal?

Wayne
#60416 by focuspuller
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am
WayneDsr wrote:I just decided to plug mine into the telo and noticed it has dialed about 10 times over night to 3 different numbers, length of call running from 0 to 20 seconds. Is this normal?

I had Ooma Scout connected to the Directv box when Directv was installed in January this year. The call out times were as long as 15 minutes.

It all worked fine. I have now connected Directv to the internet, Powerline AV Network Adapter, Linksys PLE 300 and PLS300, and disconnected the phone line.

You get more with the internet connection on Directv. Also my receiver has internet radio. So one device, PLS300, connects the Directv and my receiver.
#60678 by PSALMS5110
Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:02 pm
i HAVE THE NEWER DIRECTV HD DVR. PRESS THE MENU & RIGHT ARROW KEY ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOX (IT TOOK ME A FEW TRIES TO HIT THEM AT THE SAME TIME) AND YOU WILL ENTER PHONE SETTINGS MENU ON YOUR RECIVER. USE YOUR REMOTE AND ENTER *99 AS YOUR DIAL OUT PREFIX. THIS SHOULD FIX ANY DIAL OUT ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.

ON THE OLDER MODEL DVR PRESS ACTIVE AND RIGHT ARROW AT THE SAME TIME ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOX TO GET TO THE PHONE SETTINGS
#60684 by WayneDsr
Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:01 pm
Any codes for the non dvr Direct Tv boxes?

Wayne
#60690 by whitesox33
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:14 pm
PSALMS5110 wrote:i HAVE THE NEWER DIRECTV HD DVR. PRESS THE MENU & RIGHT ARROW KEY ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOX (IT TOOK ME A FEW TRIES TO HIT THEM AT THE SAME TIME) AND YOU WILL ENTER PHONE SETTINGS MENU ON YOUR RECIVER. USE YOUR REMOTE AND ENTER *99 AS YOUR DIAL OUT PREFIX. THIS SHOULD FIX ANY DIAL OUT ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.

ON THE OLDER MODEL DVR PRESS ACTIVE AND RIGHT ARROW AT THE SAME TIME ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOX TO GET TO THE PHONE SETTINGS

cool, thanks.
#60691 by focuspuller
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:25 pm
whitesox33 wrote:
PSALMS5110 wrote:i HAVE THE NEWER DIRECTV HD DVR. PRESS THE MENU & RIGHT ARROW KEY ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOX (IT TOOK ME A FEW TRIES TO HIT THEM AT THE SAME TIME) AND YOU WILL ENTER PHONE SETTINGS MENU ON YOUR RECIVER. USE YOUR REMOTE AND ENTER *99 AS YOUR DIAL OUT PREFIX. THIS SHOULD FIX ANY DIAL OUT ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.

cool, thanks.

Don't forget to put a comma " , " after the " *99 "
#61471 by PSALMS5110
Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 am
WayneDsr wrote:Any codes for the non dvr Direct Tv boxes?

Wayne

Sorry Wayne I do not have any codes for the none DVR DirecTV boxes. You can try calling DirecTV and asking but odds are you are smarter than their customer support. You might need to talk to a DirecTV installer or tech and they may or may not know. If I come up with an answer I will post it for you. Good Luck. :D
#61478 by WayneDsr
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 am
Thank you!

Wayne