Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60312 by petert
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:24 am
Hi,

I activated my ooma Hub last night and got dial tone and the blue Tab. Hub's wall port is feed by phone line from AT&T Uverse. I can place and receive calls without issue on phone plugged into the Hub's phone port. However, I can't seem to get the Scout installed after plugging it in....

I plugged the Scout's Wall port to the Wall port (and also tried directly plugging into Hub's phone port) but the Scout has a solid red ooma Tab and 4 (reverse, stop, play, forward) solid red buttons. According to the manual, this means that the Scout is unable to communicate with the Hub, but I am able to place and receive calls on a phone that's plugged into the Scout even with these "solid red" buttons.

Please help. Thanks.
#60314 by Groundhound
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:45 am
petert wrote:Hi,

I activated my ooma Hub last night and got dial tone and the blue Tab. Hub's wall port is feed by phone line from AT&T Uverse. I can place and receive calls without issue on phone plugged into the Hub's phone port. However, I can't seem to get the Scout installed after plugging it in....

I plugged the Scout's Wall port to the Wall port (and also tried directly plugging into Hub's phone port) but the Scout has a solid red ooma Tab and 4 (reverse, stop, play, forward) solid red buttons. According to the manual, this means that the Scout is unable to communicate with the Hub, but I am able to place and receive calls on a phone that's plugged into the Scout even with these "solid red" buttons.

Please help. Thanks.

Sounds like you chose the integrated landline option when you signed up, which indicates you intend to keep your landline in addition to Ooma. Try splitting the Hub's wall port so that one side of the splitter goes to your AT&T landline and the other side goes to the wall port on your Scout.
#60350 by fssea2
Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 pm
I have exactly the same problem with my scout and am also keeping my land line. I connected a splitter to the wall jack and a separate phone to the splitter along with my scout to the other side as suggested. My scout still will not connect and I get an ATT dialtone on both phones. Is there a special type of splitter? I used the splitter that came with my system on the hub. Please help. :?: :?:
#60352 by tommies
Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm
fssea2 wrote:I have exactly the same problem with my scout and am also keeping my land line. I connected a splitter to the wall jack and a separate phone to the splitter along with my scout to the other side as suggested. My scout still will not connect and I get an ATT dialtone on both phones. Is there a special type of splitter? I used the splitter that came with my system on the hub. Please help. :?: :?:

The (duplex/ooma) splitter should be on the jack of the ooma which is labeled WALL(commonly referred as WALL port.) One side of the splitter connects to the wall jack (your land line) and the other side connects to the WALL port of the scout.
#60359 by fssea2
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:42 pm
Well I have the splitter connected to the WALL port of the scout. One line from the splitter then goes to the wall jack with the ATT in line and the other goes to the ATT landline phone. The phone for use with OOMA is connected to the phone port on the scout. Still no connection between the scout and hub. Any other thoughts about how to get the scout connected :?: I appreciate all suggestions.
Thankyou
#60362 by Groundhound
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm
fssea2 wrote:Well I have the splitter connected to the WALL port of the scout. One line from the splitter then goes to the wall jack with the ATT in line and the other goes to the ATT landline phone. The phone for use with OOMA is connected to the phone port on the scout. Still no connection between the scout and hub. Any other thoughts about how to get the scout connected :?: I appreciate all suggestions.
Thankyou

Split the AT&T jack at the house wall and connect one side to your AT&T landline Phone.
With another splitter, split the Wall Port on the Ooma Hub and connect one side to the Scout Wall Port and the other side to the split AT&T jack.
Connect phones for Ooma use to the Hub and Scout Phone ports.

Bottom line is, the Hub and Scout's Wall Ports must be connected to each other, and for landline integration the landline must also be connected to the Hub's Wall Port.
#60365 by fssea2
Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:15 pm
I got the other splitter and just realized you are talking about a wired connection between the scout and the hub. I want this scout to be used in the kitchen and the hub is on another floor. Are there any other possible solutions?

Thanks again
#60375 by Groundhound
Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:36 pm
fssea2 wrote:I got the other splitter and just realized you are talking about a wired connection between the scout and the hub. I want this scout to be used in the kitchen and the hub is on another floor. Are there any other possible solutions?

Thanks again

Yes, but it depends on whether you have an unused wire pair in your house phone wiring. Do you have DSL or cable?