Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60138 by Dayvidpriddy
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:37 pm
Hey all,

I've been having a problem now for a few weeks regarding my Wi-Fi via high speed cable line and today I finally took the time to figure out what is going on and what is causing the problem. It seems on a daily basis (after I've slept and woke up the next day) that my upload/download speed on my computer is very slow and I've been having to power cycle my network every morning when I wake up to get my speed back. Well today I finally took the time and power cycled each device one by one, then testing the speed again and so fourth.

I first started with the modem, unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in and ran speedtest...problem was still there. Next I did the same thing with my router, problem was still there...finally I did the same thing with Ooma...problem fixed! So apparently Ooma is causing my internet speeds to drop about 75 percent of what they are after everything has been idling all night or so it seems. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm really starting to get frustrated with this service and I'm ready to throw in the towel...it seems when one problem is fixed another one pops up!

I hope someone can help here because phone support is useless as we all know.

Thanks

P.S. Ooma is installed BETWEEN the modem and router...yes I have it installed correctly lol.
#60149 by dafish
Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:57 pm
Put the ooma behind the router and it will probably solve your problem. Modem - router - ooma.

Hooking it up according to the directions caused me a couple of different problems also, and changing it to the above config
solved them.
#60189 by southsound
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am
If you have not already done so, go to setup.ooma.com (it is the internal webserver in your ooma) and on the Network tab, change the MODEM Port MAC Address to Use Built in. If you cannot reach the setup pages using the above URL, try the following IP address: 172.27.35.1

Please let us know if this works for you. :cool: