Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4514 by djpdx1
Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:02 pm
Well I'm back. after the previous posts, I gave up and called Ooma support. After an extended coversation where I suggested that I needed to call to change from my landline config to a non-landline congig, the support tech seem uninterested in that and suggested cycling my modem, the usual. Nothing works. It DID work while my number was porting and I was using their second assigned number for my fax but as soon as I ported and I DC'd the old service, I lost my Ooma. I told the tech that but he seemed oblivious. He said he was upgrading me to engineering support and "someone will call or email you in the next day or two". That's great except if they call my cell and I'm not home, what good does that do? I actually have a job. I am ready to give up! I have done everything that others have tried and nothing will get this thing to work.
#4935 by ftbutler
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 am
djpdx - what happened?

I've activated my OOMA the same way. I'm currently waiting on my home # being ported over so I can cancel my landline. I'm concerned that my OOMA may stop working once I disconnect the "WALL" connection.
#4996 by wishman
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm
I am in the same dilemma as others. I signed up with the intention of porting over my number thereby choosing to use it with landline option. However, I can't test the unit by itself to see if I go ahead with the port. I don't understand why it must have a landline connection to the WALL port. I just want to activate the unit test it and then decide to port. Now how do I easily convert over to a temporary number? They should state it clearly in the instructions to choose a number first then port later.
#5440 by kemlyn
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:24 pm
I've got the same issue can't get the HUB through final set to complete the registration. Blinking HUB tab in red two top buttons sold red ALL the time. Whats up I've rebooted moved the HUB in front of my router, then behind the router no change. After multiple calls to Comcast, Ooma customer support,, one more try then its going back,,
#5441 by WayneDsr
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:35 pm
Ok, need to start at the beginning.
Your Comcast is running fine, internet is fine. If you plug Ooma hub into your router via modem port on hub and turn on ooma hub it never goes blue?
Have you double checked with customer support to make sure you entered the right mac address when you registered it? Sometimes an "8" looks like a "B" and so on....

Wayne
#5506 by AMPERE
Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm
I had exactly similar problem 2 days before when I activated my Ooma core. The problem was I had entered a 'B' as 8 in the MAC address activation. I went back activated a fresh device and everything worked within a minute. Hope this helps.

--AMP

JPen wrote:I have tried both in front of router (as recommended) and behind router (to rule out router conflicts)...cannot get past Ooma blinking RED + [1,2,PLAY,FF] solid RED. Router is an AirPort Extreme.