Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60065 by Gearscout
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 am
FIRST QUESTION

First, my Ooma second number which I was repeatedly offered as part of the Premiere setup is in the system and registered. But when I try to go to it in preferences and change the ring tone, I am not allowed to SAVE the changes. Error Message:

"There were problems with the following fields:
Could not update the number. You have no Call Forwarding Settings."

But I do have call forwarding on the main number. No other number is shown on the Call Forwarding menu page in my.ooma

Is this because I'm still in the Premier Trial -- or is there something awry with the setup of the second number that I did through Customer Support? (They finally found a number in my general area.)

SECOND QUESTION

Is the Ooma Second line a "virtual" second line or a real physical line separate from the first one?

In other words, my hardwired system had two phone lines. 4 wires essentially went through the house and Line 1 and Line 2 were always available. Most of the phones were single line models (wired and wireless) that just used the main number I've ported with Ooma. The second line was reserved for Fax and I had specifically wired a telephone junction box to deliver that line to the Fax machine. But line two was available anywhere in the house as a separate physical line, even in the standard phone jacks. (You just needed a two-line telephone handset to utilize it.)

Will Ooma premiere allow to use the same wiring scheme? My number will be ported in 5 days time and I want to clear up the wiring questions in advance.

What I really want is to be able to have the main number ring throughout the house and the "Second Line" directed toward the fax machine which won't ring elsewhere.

Thanks!
#60068 by murphy
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:03 am
The second number can only be assigned to an Ooma handset.
There is no provision to feed in wall wiring from the second number.
#68442 by southsound
Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:37 am
cabasili wrote:Can you change the second line virtual number once selected?

Yes. Call ooma customer service at 888 711-6662. There is a $19.95 charge.
#68610 by Lapwolf
Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:08 pm
cabasili wrote:Can you change the second line virtual number once selected?

Not true. I have a hub/scout combo with my second number provisioned to the hub and the primary number provisioned to the scout via wall wiring.

This setup also breaks out myooma.com to separate logins for each number.