Temporary number?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Post Reply
whitesox33
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Temporary number?

Post by whitesox33 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am

So I've been told by just about everyone that choosing to use a temporary number is better than the other option of using ooma with my current phone provider. My question is, when I get this temporary number, is this the number people have to call to reach me? Or can they call my current number like usual?

murphy
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Temporary number?

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

whitesox33 wrote:So I've been told by just about everyone that choosing to use a temporary number is better than the other option of using ooma with my current phone provider. My question is, when I get this temporary number, is this the number people have to call to reach me? Or can they call my current number like usual?
What is your eventual intention?
Do you plan to keep your current phone provider or port your current phone number to Ooma and cancel your current provider?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

whitesox33
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Temporary number?

Post by whitesox33 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 am

murphy wrote:
whitesox33 wrote:So I've been told by just about everyone that choosing to use a temporary number is better than the other option of using ooma with my current phone provider. My question is, when I get this temporary number, is this the number people have to call to reach me? Or can they call my current number like usual?
What is your eventual intention?
Do you plan to keep your current phone provider or port your current phone number to Ooma and cancel your current provider?
The number will be ported and then I plan to cancel my provider. I'm just wondering if during the port process I need to tell people this temporary number to reach me or if they can just call my current number. I figured the temporary number meant it would be replacing my current number during the porting process.

murphy
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Temporary number?

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 am

whitesox33 wrote:
murphy wrote:
whitesox33 wrote:So I've been told by just about everyone that choosing to use a temporary number is better than the other option of using ooma with my current phone provider. My question is, when I get this temporary number, is this the number people have to call to reach me? Or can they call my current number like usual?
What is your eventual intention?
Do you plan to keep your current phone provider or port your current phone number to Ooma and cancel your current provider?
The number will be ported and then I plan to cancel my provider. I'm just wondering if during the port process I need to tell people this temporary number to reach me or if they can just call my current number. I figured the temporary number meant it would be replacing my current number during the porting process.
Configure your Comcast account to forward all calls to the temporary number.
Or, keep a phone on the Comcast box to receive calls and another phone on the Ooma box to make calls.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

whitesox33
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Temporary number?

Post by whitesox33 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Awesome, thanks.

Post Reply