Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60006 by hleventon
Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:51 am
I just installed my ooma. I have internet and the phone plugged in directly to the ooma is working just fine. When I go to run a phone line from the ooma to my wall to liven up the other lines I get nothing on the other phones. I previously had comcast and I had a "separate" modem for my phone in my bedroom. I disconnected the modem but customer service says that my comcast service must be shut off outside in the box. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!!
#60007 by ntoy
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 am
Hello,

The "Wall" port on your telo only works with Landline Integration. Since your number ported over, you are now Nonlandline. You would need at least one telo handset in order to use both lines at the same time. The telo product works a little different than the hub & scout.
#60013 by hleventon
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 am
Up until 2 years ago I had a landline through verizon. At that time I switched over to comcast and have had all my jacks working OK....so this is different and not going to work? So would an Ooma telephone work?
#60015 by murphy
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 am
hleventon wrote:Up until 2 years ago I had a landline through verizon. At that time I switched over to comcast and have had all my jacks working OK....so this is different and not going to work? So would an Ooma telephone work?

It's not different. It will work just like your Comcast system did.
Disconnect the phone line from the Comcast box and connect it to the Phone port of the Ooma box.
That's it.
#60019 by hleventon
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 am
murphy wrote:
hleventon wrote:Up until 2 years ago I had a landline through verizon. At that time I switched over to comcast and have had all my jacks working OK....so this is different and not going to work? So would an Ooma telephone work?

It's not different. It will work just like your Comcast system did.
Disconnect the phone line from the Comcast box and connect it to the Phone port of the Ooma box.
That's it.

This may or not be a problem. With comcast I had 2 modems, the first one in the basement for the internet which the ooma is connected to through my wireless router. I had separate modem for the phone service which was in my bedroom on the 2nd floor.