Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59962 by murphy
Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 am
I don't know what Comcast will do since I have never had Comcast's expensive phone service.
On a Verizon account there is a main number and a secondary number. The main number is the account number.
If the main number is ported away, the account is closed and the second number is lost.
There may be other ways to handle it but IMHO the safest way is to port the secondary number first.
#59963 by ntoy
Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 am
Hello,

If you do not care which number ports first, you can process both number ports at the same time. Also, keep in mind that the actual port date may not be on the same day. If you have a preference on which number ports first, then you want to process that number port first. You would need to keep your account active with Comcast while the number port is in progress. It would be unlikely that Comcast would close your account since you are still paying them or you called them to close the account.
#59969 by whitesox33
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:00 am
murphy wrote:I don't know what Comcast will do since I have never had Comcast's expensive phone service.
On a Verizon account there is a main number and a secondary number. The main number is the account number.
If the main number is ported away, the account is closed and the second number is lost.
There may be other ways to handle it but IMHO the safest way is to port the secondary number first.

Very interesting, I never thought of it like that. I'll keep that in mind. However, I won't be able to hook all this up until tomorrow since I'll need to drill a hole in the wall (busy today). This is because you said I needed to connect a phone wire from the hub wall port to the scout wall port and my hub will be in the basement while my scout will be on the main floor.
#59970 by whitesox33
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am
ntoy wrote:Hello,

If you do not care which number ports first, you can process both number ports at the same time. Also, keep in mind that the actual port date may not be on the same day. If you have a preference on which number ports first, then you want to process that number port first. You would need to keep your account active with Comcast while the number port is in progress. It would be unlikely that Comcast would close your account since you are still paying them or you called them to close the account.

Based on what murphy said it sounded like they could close the account...I didn't realize he meant the main line could shut off the second line. I'll be sure to keep comcast active while they port though.