Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59739 by muincat
Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:25 pm
I received my Telo upgrade last Thursday and had a really hard time getting it set up. Eventually I got it working and was able to make a receive a few calls but when I got up the next morning, it was flashing red. I've spent my entire weekend trying to get everything working correctly again but haven't had any luck. I can get it going sometimes but it never lasts long, so I went on my parents' computer last night and found several suggestions to try from when Jacque had this same problem but nothing is working. Now things are worse than ever--I can't get online at all except for going directly to Ooma's setup page or my cable modem's page (its a Motorola Surfboard 5101). Ooma's page says it can't connect to the Ooma tunnel and that my phone is disconnected (but it isn't). Motorla's setup page says my modem is "offline" despite the fact that I can get to the setup pages. I've even tried to go back to my old hub/scout system and even THAT won't work now! I can't call tech support since Ooma is my only phone service. Fortunately my parents are right next door, so I can use thir phone (but can't be in front of the computer at the same time) and computer to try and get some help. I can't download modem software or even read pdf's on my parent computer because its such an old Mac OS (10.3.9). Hopefully someone will have some suggestions that I can read tomorrow??? Help! :-)
#59740 by murphy
Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:51 pm
You can always connect to the status page in a cable modem whether or not it is online.
If your modem is off line, nothing is going to work until that is fixed.

The line in setup that the phone is disconnected is normal. It means that you don't have a standard and active land line connected to the wall port. That would only be done if you had integrated a land line with the Telo.
#59790 by muincat
Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 pm
Hi,
Yeah, I came to the conclusion last night that I wasn't going to get anywhere without calling the cable guy out. He came out today and not only did he find that the modem needed to be replaced, but also that signal amplifier was not playing nice with the wiring of my RV (I live full time in an RV but don't travel--yeah I know it sounds odd. Long story...). We got rid of the amplifier altogether and now I am able to get online and have a dial tone with the new modem. My next stop is to propagate dial tone into my bedroom and also install the nifty little blue tooth USB thingie that came as part of the upgrade package I ordered.
#59931 by nathanram
Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:37 pm
I am unable to make U.S. long distance calls and International calls, as I get a busy tone after dialing the 10-digit # for the calls within U.S. and a busy tone as soon as I dial 011 while making the international calls. Does anyone have this issue?
#59937 by southsound
Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 pm
nathanram wrote:I am unable to make U.S. long distance calls and International calls, as I get a busy tone after dialing the 10-digit # for the calls within U.S. and a busy tone as soon as I dial 011 while making the international calls. Does anyone have this issue?

Don't you think your problem is different enough and important enough to start your own thread instead tagging on to one that has totally different issues?

When you do repost, you might want to give us some information like, is your unit the hub (white) or the Telo (black). Did you get a new ooma number or are you using "landline integration?" Do you have cable or DSL? You mentioned 10-digit calling - did you set this up in my.ooma.com? It will be under Preferences/System. As far as the International calls, do you have a prepaid balance? Has the system ever worked properly?

By the way - the only thing worse than hijacking a thread is to post MULTIPLE POSTS of the same thing on several hijacked threads. Please don't double post!