Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59597 by elx007
Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am
Hi, just picked up and installed Ooma the other day and have since decided to port my phone number. I moved the number to a T-Mobile prepaid when I canceled my home phone service and checked the number for compatibility before purchasing Ooma. I submitted the LOA as requested by customer support and received a note back today that states they need a copy of the last months bill - being prepaid I am unaware of any bill that I receive. With the initial LOA I sent a PDF of a page on the Tmobile site that gives all the information of the account. I called Customer Service today and eventually learned that porting from Tmobile prepaid isn't possible. Seems like I read somewhere a while ago that people were doing this? Anyone have any suggestions or experience? I appreciate your help!
#59607 by feartheturtle
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:10 pm
Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

I can only offer our experience - which is very similar to what you are trying to accomplish. Our home number (Verizon land line) was successfully ported to a T-mobile pre-paid phone, and from there it was ported to Ooma about 6 weeks later. We were on a "monthly pre-paid plan" from T-Mobile, it was not a Pay-as-you-go account. Which type of pre-paid account do you have? With our account there were monthly statements available. Perhaps that is the difference?

If necessary you may need to switch account types w/ T-Mobile. That will add some time before you can port, but it will hopefully satisfy Ooma's need for a statement.

Good luck!