Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59594 by Groundhound
Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:38 am
ivebeen4given wrote:I did try changing my setup to
Cable Modem - Telo - Router

but it appeared to not get a connection.

Anytime you change what is connected to your cable modem, the modem must be rebooted - Unplug the power on the Telo and power off the modem for 30 seconds and then restart the modem. If the modem is of the type that has an internal battery (telephony type) you may need to reset it via its reset button. After the modem is rebooted, then power up the Telo.

Also if you've not already done so, from a computer connected to the Telo's "home network" port, go to http://setup.ooma.com and then to the Network page. Change "Network Connection" to Dynamic(DHCP) and also change "MODEM Port MAC Address" to "Use Built in" and click Update. Reboot your modem, then your Telo.
#59601 by murphy
Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am
ivebeen4given wrote:I did try changing my setup to
Cable Modem - Telo - Router

but it appeared to not get a connection.

I guess I will have to call in to tech support.

Did you power cycle the cable modem when you made the change?
It won't work if you don't.
#59615 by ivebeen4given
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm
My telo wouldn't accept the changes to the Network, it would act like it was going to save them and then say Internet Explorer can connect or something like that.

I went back to Modem - Router - Telo

I was able to hear someone leaving a voicemail so my volume is up. Nothing happens when I press the Play button.
Also just noticed when I press the fast forward/forward skip button the ooma symbol doesn't change color.
#59618 by Groundhound
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm
ivebeen4given wrote:I am beginning to think this box is defective, since it is the two buttons side by side that don't work.

Could be. Have you contacted customer service to see about an RMA?
#59670 by ivebeen4given
Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:08 pm
Yep contacted customer support. They sent me through level 1, 2 and finally 3. Each having me do different things that had no effect.

Finally the level 3 said they will send me a replacment unit.
#60219 by ivebeen4given
Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Just an update.

I had a defective Telo. New telo came today and it works perfectly!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Now to start the number porting process.