Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59429 by ivebeen4given
Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm
Just got my telo. Have it activated and plugged it in. I didn't do the line integration, just got a seperate phone number and will port after I get it working. Went through the update process then all of the lights came on and are Blue. The play button is blinking a redish/orange color, as I know I have a voicemail.

If I press the play button nothing happens. Are all the lights suppose to be on and blue?

Right now my set up is

Cable Modem - Wireless Router - Telo

I do have a dial tone and can make and receive calls

I wish more information came with the unit, but I guess that is what the forums are for.

Thanks in advance for any help.
#59439 by Groundhound
Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:24 pm
Sounds like you need to complete setting up your voice mail. Pick up the phone connected to the Telo and then press the Telo's play button - follow the prompts.
#59453 by ivebeen4given
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:45 am
I have tried picking up the phone and pressing the play button, but nothing happens it just continues to blink at me.

Is there another way to set up the voicemail?

I am assuming the volume on the unit is up. I have tried pressing the volume button several times, but with no indicator as to its level, I am not sure if I am turning it up, down or off.
#59454 by Groundhound
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 am
The volume on the Telo base should make no difference to what you hear on your phone's handset. If you can make calls on that phone but not hear anything when you press the play button, then something's not functioning correctly on the Telo. Are the other buttons responsive - that is when you press another button (fast forward, stop, etc) does the Ooma logo flash purple?
#59457 by Groundhound
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 am
Is the phone you are using a wired phone connected directly to the Telo's phone port? If not and you have one, give that a try. When you pick up the receiver and hear the Ooma dial tone, then press the play button on the Telo ( > ), what do you hear?
#59506 by ivebeen4given
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:45 pm
Ok, so I hooked up a wired phone. Still nothing when pressing the play button, or picking up the phone and pressing the play button.

I setup my ooma voicemail/answering machine by calling my number.

After doing that still nothing happens when I press the play button on the machine whether or not I have the phone off the hook.