Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#3761 by oomg
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:53 am
Got a question. Can I set up my ooma system so that certain scouts will always default to line 2 for outgoing calls? How about the same for incoming calls?

Althogh the rollover/rollback feature between the primary and secondary lines seems to work well. What I would like to do is have a line that is the default line/number for my son.

oomg
#3765 by murphy
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 am
Yes, associate the desired number with the scout in the lounge. It will no longer be shared with the hub and will not ring on the hub. It will have it's own voice mail and lounge log in.
#3830 by Mojo
Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm
Right now there isn't a way to set the line 2 to be the default for outgoing/incoming calls from/to a particular device. The system will just choose the first line number that is available.

We can take this feature request to the product team, but right now I think the priority improvement with personal devices is to get it so a personal number assigned to a device has the option to ring devices associated with other accounts.

oomg wrote:Got a question. Can I set up my ooma system so that certain scouts will always default to line 2 for outgoing calls? How about the same for incoming calls?

Althogh the rollover/rollback feature between the primary and secondary lines seems to work well. What I would like to do is have a line that is the default line/number for my son.

oomg
#3831 by murphy
Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:28 pm
I think we have a terminology problem here. You can definitely lock a phone number to a scout which meets your criteria. If the system is inactive when you use that scout to make a call, the line 1 button will light up and be used but the call will be made using the number that is locked to the scout. That is how my system is set up and it works fine.