Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#57788 by vector1701
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:23 pm
I bought the Ooma Core (Hub and Scout) about a month ago and so far I have been very happy with Ooma. I finally decided to port from Verizon and cut the umbilical cord the other day and I put in my request to port my Verizon number over to Ooma, with the addition on 1 year of Premier service. After reading some posts on here on porting nightmares I am hoping for a positive experience. When I put in the port request, I got a nice confirmation email from Ooma and there is a status now in My Account on line of the port request. Also, I have been receiving emails along the way. So far I am very impressed with the communication status updates on the port. Surprisingly, the request went in on June 8 and it is scheduled to be complete on June 22...pretty quick. Let's see if all continues to go smooth. To those who have not ported yet, here is what your account and status update looks like during the process....

ImageImage
#57824 by vector1701
Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:44 am
Yeah, not a big fan of shelling out $150+ a month plus taxes for home phone and cell (3 family) to Verizon. Now if I can just get the cell phone down....

Hopefully the porting will be a good experience.