Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#57742 by quebert
Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:50 am
I'm sure this has been asked, or something similar but I'm stuck here. I have a Motorola unit that's a modem + router in one. I want to be able to sync my Zune HD and run a few programs but the Ooma Hub is getting in the way. The modem only has a single port so I'm currently running it router -> Ooma -> PC. I was getting a 172.x.x.x IP from Ooma by default. So I changed it to 192.x.x.x in the advanced settings and set up DHCP start/end range 192.x.x.x then the Ooma would reboot and all I'd get was a blinking red light at the top. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the same thing. Making the Ooma Hub transparent should be pretty simple, but I'm just not figuring it out.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Right now I unplug the Ooma and hook the router directly to my PC when I need to do certain things, which is kind of a PITA.
#57743 by murphy
Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 am
quebert wrote:I'm sure this has been asked, or something similar but I'm stuck here. I have a Motorola unit that's a modem + router in one. I want to be able to sync my Zune HD and run a few programs but the Ooma Hub is getting in the way. The modem only has a single port so I'm currently running it router -> Ooma -> PC. I was getting a 172.x.x.x IP from Ooma by default. So I changed it to 192.x.x.x in the advanced settings and set up DHCP start/end range 192.x.x.x then the Ooma would reboot and all I'd get was a blinking red light at the top. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the same thing. Making the Ooma Hub transparent should be pretty simple, but I'm just not figuring it out.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Right now I unplug the Ooma and hook the router directly to my PC when I need to do certain things, which is kind of a PITA.

Get an inexpensive switch and connect it between the modem/router and ooma. Connect your computer to the switch instead of to Ooma. Put the ooma DHCP range back the way that it was. You can't have the same subnet being issued by two different devices. It will have no clue how to route the data packets.
#57745 by quebert
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 am
Yeah, I was thinking that but was hoping to get this working without spending any more $$$, I'm cheap :D A switch definitely would be the easy rout here. Guess I might have to end up breaking down and go buy one.