Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#57399 by mbc
Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:53 pm
I was trying to follow the Bluetooth setup instructions to pair my headsets, but everytime I try to get to the setup page at http://setup.ooma.com, all I get is the default error page "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Help?
#57401 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:01 pm
This has to be accessed from behind the home port of the ooma device.
#57408 by DTMF
Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:09 pm
That URL has never worked for me, either. Try the IP address URL below instead.

http://172.27.35.1/
#57689 by Aristocat
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm
I have tried both ways to get my headset connected. I get no response from the IP address and cannot find the server from the setup address.

I am connected to my router and the the teleo, I can find no instructions on how to address this.

I am always frustrated with OOMA they sell services and hardware that have no documentation, or documentation that does not function.
#57690 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Aristocat wrote:I have tried both ways to get my headset connected. I get no response from the IP address and cannot find the server from the setup address.

I am connected to my router and the the teleo, I can find no instructions on how to address this.

I am always frustrated with OOMA they sell services and hardware that have no documentation, or documentation that does not function.

Is your computer connected to the router that is behind (downstream from) ooma or directly connected to ooma?
#57691 by Aristocat
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:12 pm
My ooma is connected to my fios modem, my router is connected to my fios modem, I am connected wirelessly to my router,
#57695 by Groundhound
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:26 pm
Aristocat wrote:My ooma is connected to my fios modem, my router is connected to my fios modem, I am connected wirelessly to my router,

To access setup, you must connect your computer via a wired connection to Ooma's home network port.
#57696 by Aristocat
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm
Do I disconnect from wireless and direct connect via wire to the home network port without being connected to my router?

Will my computer form a network connection with the teleo?

Now all I have to do is find a 75 ft ethernet cable or load my desktop up on a cart and motor over to the teleo to get my headset setup.

I would never have ordered this if I knew you needed to go through all of this crap.

What happened to plug it in and it works?

Damn there has to be an easier way.
#57697 by Groundhound
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm
Aristocat wrote:Do I disconnect from wireless and direct connect via wire to the home network port without being connected to my router?

Will my computer form a network connection with the teleo?

Now all I have to do is find a 75 ft ethernet cable or load my desktop up on a cart and motor over to the teleo to get my headset setup.

I would never have ordered this if I knew you needed to go through all of this crap.

What happened to plug it in and it works?

Damn there has to be an easier way.

Most folks only need to connect to setup occasionally. The Telo is itself a NAT router and your computer will connect with it, but you may need to reboot your computer to do so once you've made the connection. You should turn off your computer's wireless adapter while doing this so it won't try to connect to your wireless router.