Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#57386 by hottea
Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 am
Need help to set up Google voice extension. According to the instruction, I need to add a Google Voice Virtual Number to my account first. I clicked "Add a new phone number" on Phone Numbers page. It pop up a window to ask me entering area code and prefix. However, I've already have my own Google voice number. I don't want to get a new GVVN. How can I add my existed GVVN to my ooma account?

Anyone has already set up Google voice extension, please help! Thanks in advanced.
#57388 by southsound
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:57 am
In order to use Premier Extensions for Google Voice you MUST have a GV Virtual Number - and it cannot be used for anything except your GV integration. I love Google Voice and have been using it since last summer as a front-end for my ooma and cell phone. I tried GVE for a while but have disabled it and gone back to just using GV as I did before. So if you don't want the GV Virtual Number, you can still use GV with a great number of features. Of course, YMMV.
#57862 by chantale
Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:17 pm
I have set up Google voice as suggested with an additional GVVN. It was all working fine until I got the new USB from Ooma. I set it up but now my landline goes dead and I cannot restart it until I unplug the ooma teleo and plug it in again to reset. The soft reset does not work for me.

Can you tell me why you decided not to use the GVE on Ooma? What was your experience? I'm getting really confused about all of this...maybe my ooma, GV and my iPhone is also confused.