Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#57003 by Shirley Leung
Sat May 29, 2010 6:58 pm
Installation of the Ooma Telo with customer service was painfully long. My issue still cannot be resolved.

Basically my whole house is networked into a closet. All modems/routers/switches/voip equipment is connected through a panel that distributes all the wiring throughout the house.

Internet works - no problem

My problem is that all my calls are going to Voice Mail...

First... when I plugged the phone line into the wall plug on Ooma Telo... none of the phones can get a dial tone, after talking with customer service... they made me connect my phone into my closet and said "oh that's the extent of our knowledge, we got your dial tone to work, therefore our issue is fixed"...

My issue is not fixed, because even though I got a dial tone, all my incoming calls were going straight to voicemail... I have Cox Communications, and even with the Motorola VOIP equipment, it was just a simple connection into the main phone line that runs into my closets main wall circuits to give connection to all phones... with the Ooma, this doesn't work, I don't mind leaving a phone in the closet, but it's kind of ridiculous...

Any thoughts as to how to get incoming calls? Please help!
#57005 by Aveamantium
Sat May 29, 2010 7:11 pm
First off the "Wall" port is only for integrated land line. You need to connect all phones to the "phone" port... Second is the trash can red? If so it is on do not disturb and you can turn this off by holding the trash can for 3 sec.
#57008 by ajw522
Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 pm
Can you make outgoing calls with you Ooma?
#57027 by daet
Sun May 30, 2010 10:59 am
Shirley Leung wrote:Outgoing calls are good... still can't figure out why it's not working correctly...

Was your original installation with landline integration? If it was, incoming calls are over the landline. If you've disconnected your landline, have you changed your Ooma configuration with CS?

See http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4493&start=0 for details.

DG
#57327 by WJM
Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:23 pm
Shirley Leung wrote:No good... its basically because of Cox VOIP... *sigh* they said just bare with it for 3-4 weeks...

You need to un-plug the power to the unit for a few seconds and then plug the power back. This will reset the unit. Then turn off the privacy function and you will be all set to get incomimg calls. :)
#57334 by southsound
Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:28 am
Since it wasn't answered when Daet asked the question, I'll ask it again:

When you activated your ooma, you had a choice to keep your old number or get a new ooma number. If you chose the first, you selected Landline Integration which means you need to keep your existing landline (in this case, Cox VoIP) connected to the WALL port and either a single corded phone or cordless base to the PHONE port. At this time, you will not be able to send dialtone over the home without some additional wiring.

Could you please answer if that is the option you chose or if you got an ooma number?