Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#56813 by Triple J
Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 am
I have been trying to get my number ported for almost 4 months now and I can not seem to get it ported. The first time they said my address did not match up with the address that AT&T had on file (looking back at my records (LOA and AT&T bill) the only thing that I could find that did not match was that I omitted the 4 digits after my zip code). I sent in a new LOA including the 4 digits after the zip code. They said it would take 3-4 more weeks. So I waited and then nothing happened so I called back. They said it was not an issue on my part they would get the number ported within a few days. A few days passed and nothing so I called back. They said my new porting request would be another 3 weeks. I was still patient and called them up 4 weeks later and they said that they have the wrong address. When I called and gave them the number I was porting the put me on hold to check my status and they asked if I was porting a number, but the number they gave me did not match the number I just gave them. Then they would say the address the port corresponded to was not the address I gave them. The address they were given me was one I never heard of before. Now every time I call up they give me that bogus number and address. I was working with one employee that was trying to actually work with me (or so it seemed) and said he was going to get my porting request fixed, lined up, and that he would try and hurry it through the system. He gave me his name and told me to call back the next night to check on the status of the port. He said to call the call center and tell the person who picks up to have him call me back. That person said they were not allowed to do that and would not tell him to call me. They also said it would be another 3-4 weeks for the port to be completed. So here I am stuck back at square one. Is there anyone out there that can help me PLEASE!?! I just want to get my number ported so I can start saving money by cancelling my land line like OOMA promised. Someone Please help me out!!!