Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#56318 by dougdilg
Fri May 21, 2010 7:11 pm
I thought you could easily install two scouts by simply plugging them both into the wall. I started with one scout a few months ago, works fine. Just bought a second one on ebay, it's wired correctly but doesn't move off all red, no dial tone. I went to Preferences > Phone Numbers, entered the new device but it won't allow me to assign one of my two numbers to it. What do I need to do?
#56319 by lbmofo
Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm
How is your working hub hooked up? Do you distribute dialtone throughout the house?
#56320 by dougdilg
Fri May 21, 2010 7:17 pm
Yes. I initially set up the hub and one scout, ported over my office phone to the scout. Dialtone from the hub is distributed through the wall to the scout. I set up the 2nd scout exactly as I did the first.
#56321 by lbmofo
Fri May 21, 2010 7:41 pm
Do you combine the dialtone ("phone" port) and HPNA ("wall" port) from the Hub using a splitter before feeding back to your wall jack to distribute your dialtone throughout the house?

If so, any wall jacks inside the house that you can get a ooma dialtone from should work with a Scout (Scout's "wall" port to the wall jack).

If you are not distributing your ooma dialtone throughout the house now, you should disconnect the telephone company from your house wiring before you do anything. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6853
#56322 by bw1
Fri May 21, 2010 8:03 pm
First try to connect the 2nd scout to the same jack where the 1st scout was connected (after disconnecting the first scout).

You can also try to connect the scout directly to the wall port on the Hub rather than through your house wiring to make sure the it's working.

The jack where you hooked up the 2nd scout may not be connected to the same wiring that the Hub and first scout are connected.