Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#55916 by airban
Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 pm
Hello - my first post in Ooma land. :D

Bought the Ooma Core this week, things are working well. Went with Premium Service for the 2 lines (one home office, one personal line).

Here is my problem: I have the Hub using the business line in one part of the house - and the Scout assigned my personal line in another part of the house. When someone calls the business line, it will not ring on the Scout, it just lights up line 1. I need both lines to ring audibly on the Scout. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
#55920 by murphy
Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm
If you want both lines to ring on the hub and the scout, they have to be shared lines. You lose the separate voicemail if you do that.

Instead I put the hub and scout side by side and connected their wall ports directly together. I fed the hub to line 1 in my walls and the scout to line 2 in the walls. I use two line phones so both lines ring at all locations and I can immediately see which line is ringing. Each line has it's own voicemail.
#55928 by airban
Tue May 18, 2010 1:11 pm
Hmmm - I didn't know it couldn't be done without losing the separate voicemail.

Could I buy another Scout and assign it the Hub number and have 2 Scouts in one location? One rings the business line and one the personal?
#55935 by murphy
Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 pm
airban wrote:Hmmm - I didn't know it couldn't be done without losing the separate voicemail.

Could I buy another Scout and assign it the Hub number and have 2 Scouts in one location? One rings the business line and one the personal?

Yes, but you don't assign the hub number to thesecond scout. You leave the second scout in the shared device pool.