Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70079 by mrgrumpy
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 pm
One more time: I would like to be able to configure or disable the musical dial tone.

I use a speakerphone frequently and the musical dial tone comes in very loud as soon as I take if off the hook.

Is there any OOMA staff or moderator from OOMA reading these postings ?
#70082 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Just my own opinion but the Ooma dialtone is Ooma's signature. I find it hard to believe that Ooma would want to let it go.
#70089 by Leeway
Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Hmmmm, picky, picky, picky !!

Count me in as one who likes the Ooma dialtone. The little musical tone is pleasant and I like it.

The old fashioned normal dial tone is boring in my opinion.

Donna
#70090 by mrgrumpy
Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:59 pm
Well, talking to users that are ooma Kool-aid drinkers yields no results.
It has come to this.

Readers of this post, please call 1-866-452-6662. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST and request that this musical dial tone be configurable.

We are the customers and we have the power to make this happen.
Or we can all make the point by returning the product to the store and blogging about it, and eventually getting the distributors to shy away from an unresponsive company on an item that has been annoying customers for over ONE YEAR and they took no action.

To change the musical dial tone/ ooma dial tone, call ooma support (it is free of course) 1-866-452-6662. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST.

Let them know how you feel about being forced on every call to hear that tone.
#70094 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 pm
mrgrumpy, I think you are being very unreasonable. You are essentially saying too much green color in Starbucks stores annoy the heck out of you. You want the option of being served with red Starbucks logo cups.

If ooma wants to accommodate, that's entirely up to them but I see no reason why they need to as long as customers are able to make & receive calls.

If you find the dialtone annoying, you have other choices. Take your pick. Vonage, Comcast, Lingo, MagicJack, NetTalk...etc. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms. Note: I know Comcast has a dumb choppy dialtone at the beginning so that might bother you too.
#70095 by southsound
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:54 pm
mrgrumpy wrote:Well, talking to users that are ooma Kool-aid drinkers yields no results.
It has come to this.

I personally prefer the lemonade flavor of Crystal Lite. It has no sugar, tastes crisp and clean, gives me more energy and allows be to be tolerant of things that don't make a hill of beans difference. If a person can't handle a simple thing such as a slightly delayed dialtone preceded with a musical nuance, then I think they may need more that ooma can provide. Maybe a good 12-step group or some massage therapy. Reminds me of a prayer that we use in our recovery meetings...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (like the ooma dialtone),
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Cheers,
ooma fanboy and Crystal Lite drinker southsound. :P
#70096 by mrgrumpy
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 pm
Your comments do not offer tangible solutions.

Your comments do NOT improve the product or the services.

You provide a dis-service to all in this forum.

This is a free country.
Your exculpatory rhetoric is purely political.
We do not have to drink your Kool-aid, mr lbmofo, your 1980+ posts promoting this company's product and services.

A quick search through the forums shows your true nature: you continually belittle customers; you are a bully for the company. And a bad one at that.
#70098 by southsound
Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 pm
mrgrumpy wrote:To south***, another kool-aid drinker with 2900+ posts favoring the company and excusing instead of improving.

Show your true colors!

I really am showing my true colors. And as of this post, I have 2800 posts, not 2900. I am also not currently using ooma as my main phone service because the quality is unacceptable. I could care less about the dialtone. It doesn't matter a rip to me. What I would like is a quality connection that allows me to carry on a normal conversation. With the current build of software and my routing, it is not possible. So I am using another VoIP provider since I use (naked) Google Voice as my interface. Do I like ooma? Yes. Do I think they walk on water? Hardly. Have I been pleased with them in the past? Yes. Am I currently happy? NO!

I am sure that ooma will fix things for me and the other small percentage of people who are having trouble with this current release because they have in the past. ooma is only able to survive if they can provide their customers with a good quality alternative to a landline. In most of my time with them, they have. Currently, they suck.

So what is your rant about my posts favoring the company? Have you even bothered to read my most prolific thread, "Looking for a "Normal" telephone experience"?

I understand you don't like the ooma dialtone. Get over it. :!: