Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#54541 by philw132
Sun May 02, 2010 11:59 am
According to the box, ooma telo supports bluetooth pairing.
I just went out an bought a compatible bluetooth USB dongle and the telo detected it, and configured it. the only problem i am having is on my blackberry it requires me to enter a PIN number for the dongle, the ooma would have set this automaticly on connection. does anyone know this pin number? and also does anyone know when the blackberry ooma app will be available?

I cant figure out how to pair a bluetooth headset with ooma yet, i cant find an option for it in the devices setup page.

would love feedback, thank you.

Phil
#54548 by murphy
Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 pm
philw132 wrote:According to the box, ooma telo supports bluetooth pairing.
I just went out an bought a compatible bluetooth USB dongle and the telo detected it, and configured it. the only problem i am having is on my blackberry it requires me to enter a PIN number for the dongle, the ooma would have set this automaticly on connection. does anyone know this pin number? and also does anyone know when the blackberry ooma app will be available?

I cant figure out how to pair a bluetooth headset with ooma yet, i cant find an option for it in the devices setup page.

would love feedback, thank you.

Phil

Bluetooth hasn't been released yet. It will only work with a bluetooth dongle that you buy from Ooma.
They will not support other bluetooth dongles because of the support nightmare that it would create.
#54863 by franzr
Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 am
What about connecting to a bluetooth handsfree headset? Will that be possible some time soon?

I have an Ooma handset, but it has no 1/8" audio plug, so I can't use a handsfree with it. I really need a handsfree option because I'm on the phone all the time!

Thanks,
Ryan
#54865 by murphy
Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 am
When it is released, It will work with a handsfree headset to receive calls.
#55163 by franzr
Mon May 10, 2010 9:07 am
That is great news. Is there an estimated date for the release of the bluetooth capability?
#55169 by burnside
Mon May 10, 2010 9:24 am
I'm interested in this as well. I heard Premiere members will receive the bluetooth dongle for free.
#55170 by southsound
Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am
Before you get too excited, be sure you read carefully what murphy said:
murphy wrote:When it is released, It will work with a handsfree headset to receive calls.

I would love to be able to use a bluetooth headset to join in calls I've initiated using either my Telo handset or a phone connected to its PHONE port - but from my understanding, this may not be possible when initially released. I guess I'll have to wait until the feature is released to know for sure. What I use now is a Plantronics cordless headset - right now it is a CT-12 which is 2.4ghz - but I'm waiting for it to die so I can get a CT-14. The CT-14 is currently on sale at Amazon for $85 with free shipping. Click here for the link: Plantronics CT14
#56011 by digitalicecream
Wed May 19, 2010 7:51 am
I connected my Cirago branded Bluetooth transceiver and it worked fine, my Droid Incredible is connected. The pin is 0000.

I'm not quite certain what "support nightmare" anyone would be talking about. Blutooth is a protocol, not an operating system. There is no nightmare in being compliant with a protocol.

[/quote]
Bluetooth hasn't been released yet. It will only work with a bluetooth dongle that you buy from Ooma.
They will not support other bluetooth dongles because of the support nightmare that it would create.[/quote]