Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#54330 by namoo
Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm
Hello all...

I just bought Telo (1) and Telo handset (1). I have questions in setting up 2 real lines using one Telo and one Telo handset. I have premier account. I tried to search the forum but could not find the answer I need.

So here is the current setup:
I have fax machine physically connected to Telo and then I have the Telo Handset linked wirelessly to Telo. See below

telo setup.jpg
HW setup
telo setup.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Then if I go to my.omma.com phone setting, I can see that I have two devices :
1st device: Telo and Telo handset being shared and assigned with primary number
2nd device: Telo handset assigned with secondary number. See below

SW Setup.jpg
Phone settings
SW Setup.jpg (25.58 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Here is the problem:
If I call primary number, both my fax machine (which is connected to Telo) and my Telo handset ring.
If I call secondary number, I get the voicemail indicating no one is available to take my call and then direct me to my ooma voicemail.

Here is what I want:
1. Can I set a primary number only to my fax so that when I call primary number, it will only goes to my fax, NOT to my telo handset?
2. Can I set a secondary number only to my telo handset so when I call secondary number, it will only goes to my telo handset, NOT to my fax

Thanks much for the help!!

Nomaa
#54341 by namoo
Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:02 pm
Thanks Groundhound.

I noticed that too.. I could not even setup the peronal device in the first place. Had to get a tech support do this for me and now I am not sure why it has "blank" name.

Working with tech support now. Hopefully they sorted out and i can have the real two lines.

Namoo
#54458 by Soundjudgment
Sat May 01, 2010 9:30 am
Unshare the Telo 'Base' and 'Handset.'
Base should only have XXX Phone number / LINE-1. This becomes the 'Fax' line.
Handset should only have YYY Phone number / LINE-2.