Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#54214 by arwsg
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 pm
So in reading other forum articles, it seems that the wall outlet of the Telo is either defective or was never intended to be used to provide connection to multiple wall jacks.

Should I be able to hear a dial tone from the wall outlet side if I plug a phone into it?

Currently if I connect a phone to the wall outlet of the Telo - I get no dial tone. When I connect a phone to the phone outlet I get an ooma dial tone.
#54215 by murphy
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 pm
arwsg wrote:So in reading other forum articles, it seems that the wall outlet of the Telo is either defective or was never intended to be used to provide connection to multiple wall jacks.

Should I be able to hear a dial tone from the wall outlet side if I plug a phone into it?

Currently if I connect a phone to the wall outlet of the Telo - I get no dial tone. When I connect a phone to the phone outlet I get an ooma dial tone.

The wall outlet is only used to integrate a landline with the Telo.
If you don't have a landline, it is not used for anything.
The phone jack supplies your dial tone. Connect it to your house wiring if you want your house jacks active.
Be sure that any existing phone company wiring is physically disconnected before you do this.