Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#6204 by runagun
Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 am
Patience my friend. Most likely u will get an email response on the 10th (today) saying that U have been ported. Saiyad emailed me the next day after my number was ported. You will recieve a phone call from Ooma if u didn't already. (look in ur call log) Enjoy and Goodluck!
7634204026 wrote:I sent a letter to port on March 11th heard back on 3/19 from Saiyad that they are still awaiting info from phone company. This has been my only email contact. Now it is 4/9 and I have not heard anything from Ooma about an expected port date. But friends have told me that our caller Id name has recently changed so they think that we may already be ported. But no contact from Ooma. I will not wait on hold for over 50 minutes again to only have no one answer on customer service phone. So I really like the idea of online status of port.
Wondering if anyone has any idea how I can find out where I am in the porting process with out calling

OPPS i thought the date was already given my bad. If theres no hitches u should be ported in the next few days if u weren't already. I did get a confirm email that my port would be done on 04/02/09 a few days before it actually happened. I would give a few more days and then see what happens.

CS.
#6205 by murphy
Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 am
If you think that you may already be ported, turn off the power to your hub and have someone call your number. If they get ooma voice mail, you have been ported. Is your original land line still working? What number do you use to log into the lounge? If it originally was a temporary number, it will now be the number that you ported.
Pick up the phone connected to your hub and dial the number that you ported. If you get ooma voice mail, you have been ported.
#6255 by nitecourt
Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 pm
I hope my number is in the process of porting today since all day when people try to call me they either get a busy signal or recording saying the number is disconnected or no longer in service. I received an email on March 26 stating:

"We have submitted all of the information you provided to your current Carrier and are still awaiting confirmation. We will notify you via email once we have confirmation of the actual completion date. "
#6257 by nitecourt
Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:12 pm
They must have seen me posting the above ;) Soon after I received an email stating:

"Main Service Number (Account Number) Changed - Your Account Number Used To Identify Your ooma Account and login to the ooma Lounge have been changed."

It changed to my ported number. Looks like the port completed, tried calling and it rang through.
#6258 by funone46
Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:19 pm
I was told mine was to port today. Hope they see this and do the same
#12689 by morvayd
Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 am
As an update: Earlier on page 1 of this thread I mentioned porting was taking a bit longer than I thought. Well, after two months (about May), both numbers were ported over and my temporary number was dropped (hurray)!! After the initial calls, I let sleeping dogs lie, and it all happened automatically. So both ported numbers belong to me again (using ooma) and ooma is working well.

Thanks!
#12690 by Aveamantium
Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:56 am
I began my port from ViaTalk on the 25th of June and the number ported today! Great job ooma/ViaTalk! :)
#13846 by tkeppell
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:08 pm
I have been testing OOMA since March 2009 and finally decided to port my number from 8x8 (formerly Packet 8) to OOMA.

I sent the LOA from OOMA.COM website on July 9th and my number was successfully ported today (July 23rd). No other paperwork was involved.

Email Chronology:

7/09/09 - Confirmation email from OOMA of my porting request
7/10/09 - Email with tentative date of port
7/17/09 - Confirmation of scheduled port date
7/23/09 - Confirmation that number was ported (@4:30 pm CT)

Great job OOMA team for being so efficient and keeping the customer aware of the status!!!
#14260 by stuman168
Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 am
I am porting the number from Comcast today and email the LOA this am.
I decided to use my existing number while porting and had ooma hub connected directly to cable modem and and comcast phone line to the hub also (wall port). I am able to get the oona dial tone right away and able to make international call and domestic long distance. The voice quality is good
and when I call my ported number using my cell phone it also works. Somehow all outbound call is routed via ooma system as I no longer see outbound call logged on comcast. So far so good.
#14413 by davidvanb
Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 pm
Just hooked up my new Ooma. Everything went smoothly and the call quality is great. My only "problem" involves confusion about Ooma's ability to port my number. According to the Port Number Availability checker my number is not currently able to be ported. What is required to make my number portable to Ooma?

I am currently getting Voip service from my cable company, Service Electric Cable TV of Sunbury, PA if that makes a difference. They were able to port the number from Verizon 2 years ago.

Thanks in advance!

Dave