Porting

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
WayneDsr
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Porting

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Finally ND scores a touchdown! :-)

Wayne

toddbecker
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Porting

Post by toddbecker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 am

toddbecker wrote:
number9 wrote:One thing I think that would help is an acknowledgment email that is auto generated when emails are received by ooma, LOA & phone bills, etc,... to let 'us' know that our emails have been received.
I'm not sure if this is a change to the process, but I initiated my porting process on Monday morning, received the e-mail requesting my LOA and bill within minutes and received a confirmation e-mail of receipt of my LOA and bill 1 minute after I sent it to Ooma. Now I am waiting for my notification of expected porting date. Time will tell, but it seems like they have worked some things out.
I received an e-mail on 3/20 targeting 4/6 as my porting date. I received another e-mail on 4/1 confirming my 4/6 porting date. On 4/6 @ about 4 PM, my number was ported to Ooma. I received an e-mail on 4/7 confirming that my port was complete.

Thanks Ooma!

BTW, what happened to my temporary number, I was under the impression that I would get to keep it as my second line. It disappeared, along with all the associated call logs.

User avatar
bw1
Posts: 1781
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am
Location: MI

Re: Porting

Post by bw1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:03 am

toddbecker wrote:BTW, what happened to my temporary number, I was under the impression that I would get to keep it as my second line. It disappeared, along with all the associated call logs.
Did you put that request in when you sent them the porting email or fax?
I had the same issue, although I specifically asked to keep the temporary number as my second ooma number in my original request. I replied back to the email that said "Port Complete" to let ooma know that I didn't get to keep my ooma temporary number and within an hour, I had it back. All my call logs came back too.

I assume you signed up for Premier, If so, send them a reply from the email they sent.

toddbecker
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Porting

Post by toddbecker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

bw1 wrote:
toddbecker wrote:BTW, what happened to my temporary number, I was under the impression that I would get to keep it as my second line. It disappeared, along with all the associated call logs.
Did you put that request in when you sent them the porting email or fax?
I had the same issue, although I specifically asked to keep the temporary number as my second ooma number in my original request. I replied back to the email that said "Port Complete" to let ooma know that I didn't get to keep my ooma temporary number and within an hour, I had it back. All my call logs came back too.

I assume you signed up for Premier, If so, send them a reply from the email they sent.
I contacted Ooma Support and this was resolved very quickly.

funone46
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Porting

Post by funone46 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 am

I emailed my porting request on 3-24, they said they recieved it 3-28 go figure. I have not heard anything, so I called yesterday and was told my port should be complete 4-10. Again nothing was sent to me letting me know what was happening. Will wait and see what happens tommorow.
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

User avatar
number9
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Porting

Post by number9 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 pm

funone46 wrote:I emailed my porting request on 3-24, they said they recieved it 3-28 go figure. I have not heard anything, so I called yesterday and was told my port should be complete 4-10. Again nothing was sent to me letting me know what was happening. Will wait and see what happens tommorow.
I thought by now they would have some type of automated response confirming the port request in place by now. I hope they are working on it.
When your port does complete, you will get an email saying it has completed. It will be the end the day. Try to be patient, they will let you know. They will be running tests morning/afternoon, so if some one calls it won't go through. You won't be able to dial out either. Only for a short time though!
Good Luck! I hope you get to "fire your phone co." tomorrow.
Plays PRS guitars

funone46
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Porting

Post by funone46 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:14 pm

I am so looking forward to firing my phone company and saving $90 a month. Its exciting to think about no phone BILLS
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

User avatar
number9
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Porting

Post by number9 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Holy cow!! $90.00!! Mine was only $30.00 a month *att Voip*
It does feel nice to have one less bill. Good Luck!
Plays PRS guitars

funone46
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Porting

Post by funone46 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks, that was for two incoming lines. Be glad when it is over
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

tlcmike
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Re: Porting

Post by tlcmike » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I sent a letter to port on March 11th heard back on 3/19 from Saiyad that they are still awaiting info from phone company. This has been my only email contact. Now it is 4/9 and I have not heard anything from Ooma about an expected port date. But friends have told me that our caller Id name has recently changed so they think that we may already be ported. But no contact from Ooma. I will not wait on hold for over 50 minutes again to only have no one answer on customer service phone. So I really like the idea of online status of port.

Wondering if anyone has any idea how I can find out where I am in the porting process with out calling CS.

Post Reply