Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#53907 by gtjr92
Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am
I bought Ooma Telo about 4 weeks ago. I have Cincinnati Bell DSL (Zoomtown) so I planned to cancel my home phone and keep my DSL. Called Zoomtown sales not the General Sales at Cincy bell but Zoomtown. The number is on cincinnati bell website.
I explained to them what I wanted to do and they said that would be fine I could cancel my home phone and keep my internet.
They told me they would put the orders in for this to happen, and to call them back when I get an exact date as to when my porting would occur. I did that, porting was to occur on 4/21 and it did.
No problem at all. My internet did go out for a few hours a couple days later as expected. Zoomtown told me this would be part of changing my home phone to be DSL only.
I just started using Ooma exclusivley last week, andI have had 0 issues so far. I used it a little before the port, but now it is all we use at home. We don't use our home phone a lot, few times a day maybe. I even disconnected my home phone lines from Cincy Bell's Network, and used the wall outlets in my home.
I am also using a new Panasonic Dect 6 phone and have had no issues with it. I saw some users had issues with Panasonic phones.
I am a pretty big tech geek, I was familier with most of the terminology etc used to set up everything.
Anyway thanks OOMA! So far so GOOD!!
#53921 by southsound
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am
That is great news! Welcome to ooma and to the forum. Even though your system is working well, please consider visiting the forum from time to time to see if you can help another user. This is a great user community and unlike any othe forum I've ever been a part of. I think you'll like it here. Since you are a self-proclaimed "pretty big tech geek" you will be able to contribute to the success of others who are less technical. :cool:
#53923 by gtjr92
Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 am
southsound wrote:That is great news! Welcome to ooma and to the forum. Even though your system is working well, please consider visiting the forum from time to time to see if you can help another user. This is a great user community and unlike any othe forum I've ever been a part of. I think you'll like it here. Since you are a self-proclaimed "pretty big tech geek" you will be able to contribute to the success of others who are less technical. :cool:

That's my plan....