Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#53207 by pkshinn
Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm
I received my ooma two days ago and hooked it up accordingly to the quick start guide. I could make out-going calls ok but not able to receive the incoming ones. I called the ooma tech support but not able to solve the problem after trying different settings and connections; a trouble ticket was opened but has to wait 24-72 hours for their 'special' support team to call me back. Can anyone help, suggestion at the time being? Tks!
#53211 by Hollywood
Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 pm
on the telo, the top center button is the dimmer for the button lights. assuming the buttons are lit, (adjust if needed), all of the lights should be on. my friends had one not on, I think it was the envelope (not sure), but touching that button reversed it's state and the Ooma worked properly. It's easy to touch a soft key when moving the telo or holding it to plug in a cable.

hope this helps.
#53212 by adfus
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 pm
I have an ATT 2Wire Modem and had exactly the same problem. At the suggestion of someone else on this forum I reset the firewall settings on the modem to their default values and that fixed the problem.
#53225 by pkshinn
Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 am
Ooma didn't call back but the problem has been fixed by itself. Ooma might had worked on it internally.
Thank you for both of your advice.