Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52246 by campervanman
Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:03 am
Hi. I have my Ooma hub configured to use PPPoE behind my DSL modem. All is fine until there is a power outage. When power is restored the hub can never connect to the internet. The only fix I have found is to delete all the PPPoE info, enter info for static ip and commit. Then go back and input PPPoE info again.

I tried just inputting the PPPoE info right after power failure, but without changing the connection type this doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
#52251 by murphy
Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 am
campervanman wrote:Hi. I have my Ooma hub configured to use PPPoE behind my DSL modem. All is fine until there is a power outage. When power is restored the hub can never connect to the internet. The only fix I have found is to delete all the PPPoE info, enter info for static ip and commit. Then go back and input PPPoE info again.

I tried just inputting the PPPoE info right after power failure, but without changing the connection type this doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Can't you put the pppoe credentials in the DSL modem and set ooma for DHCP?
#52267 by campervanman
Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:00 pm
murphy wrote:Can't you put the pppoe credentials in the DSL modem and set ooma for DHCP?

Hm, this is a good thought. I feel that there was a reason that I didn't do this. I had to put my existing DSL modem/router into bridge mode to be able to use it as I now have it set up. I don't recall if that meant that I couldn't input PPPoE info into the bridged modem, I'll have to look into it. (I now have to change the IP addresss of my pc to log into the config screen of bridged 2wire modem).

Thanks very much for the reply. Any insight into why Ooma is forgetting this stuff though? Do I have an odd set up?