Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52230 by Foralis
Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:01 pm
So I'm trying to install the system for my parents... Plugged it in, got the ethernet in, everything as it should be. So I then wait the '15-30 minutes' needed to update the software, etc. However, even after said amount of time, the Ooma logo on my Telo is still blinking red. The guide said that if the bottom row of lights was all lit up, that would mean that my system was still updating, but the lights were never on, just that constantly blinking red logo. So I unplugged everything, and tried again, same rapidly blinking red logo. So then I asked myself if the system was even updating, since that row of blue lights wasn't on, and decided to try it out by re-doing the entire procedure, except this time leaving out the internet part. I'm sure you can guess, same blinking red logo. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks

-Foralis
#52233 by swong
Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 pm
Foralis-
Scroll thru some of the posts on this forum and in one of the posts I mentioned I also has problems identical to yours. In my case i started my setup and activation on a Monday Morning 0730 EST. All I had was the same identical blinking red ooma light and nothing else. I took note Ooma support was open for business at 1100 EST (which is 9am PST) since I reside in NYC. A little before 08:00 AM PST my Ooma Telo started updating and within minutes my firmware completed and activation went as documented. Point I am making is the activation server might be unavailable except during Ooma business hours. Anyone care to chime in?...
#52243 by Groundhound
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:38 am
Foralis wrote:So I'm trying to install the system for my parents... Plugged it in, got the ethernet in, everything as it should be. So I then wait the '15-30 minutes' needed to update the software, etc. However, even after said amount of time, the Ooma logo on my Telo is still blinking red. The guide said that if the bottom row of lights was all lit up, that would mean that my system was still updating, but the lights were never on, just that constantly blinking red logo. So I unplugged everything, and tried again, same rapidly blinking red logo. So then I asked myself if the system was even updating, since that row of blue lights wasn't on, and decided to try it out by re-doing the entire procedure, except this time leaving out the internet part. I'm sure you can guess, same blinking red logo. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Please describe exactly how you have your Telo connected relative to your modem and/or router. The more details the better.