Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51840 by tedsto
Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 pm
I had problems with outgoing calls but the matter was resolved by
changing security settings on ATT router. Now, my ip camera won't work
because ooma wont' share the internet connection.Oooma is currently taking my static ip so that I can access it from anywhere. However, now, my iPcamera doesn't have an IP so that Ican't see it from anywhere. I tried using a
separate router but it still wont' work. I don't want to compromise my ooma and voice mail access, but I need to get the camera back on line. Any suggestions that won't affect my ooma operation?
#51880 by southsound
Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm
I'm not much of a networking expert, but you don't need a static IP to access your voicemail or other settings - my.ooma.com runs on servers that you can reach from anywhere. Your voicemail lives on those servers - not your ooma box. If you put the camera back online, do you have a port where you can connect the ooma box like you would a PC?
#51896 by tedsto
Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 pm
Whenever I go to my IP, the ooma status page shows up. I'm trying to make it so that the camera will also show up. I should also add that I'm using ATT internet with a very old router/modem combo which is directly connected to the ooma. The camera is also connected to the router/modem but I think dmz can only be enabled on one port (which it is on the ooma) and therefore I cannot enable it on the camera. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you