Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51724 by jena
Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:36 pm
I have had the most disappointing experience with Ooma support. Prior to purchasing the Ooma hub, I spoke to a customer service and technical support rep, asking them if my existing Packet8 equipment would be compatible with the Ooma system. Both said without hesitation, yes.

Buyer beware: Do not rely on Ooma support to help you decide whether their system will function in your home. Not only was I blamed for not saying specifically "ethernet phones," I was given no recourse. Sorry was the answer I received. Ooma should know their competition and Packet8 is one of them. In fact, in their customer satisfaction survey, they specifically ask if consumers have previously been Packet8 customers.

No responsibility was taken by this company, and with deep disappointment, I am left to pay more money to solve my own problem. Thanks to Ooma.

My suggestion would be to improve upon your education and training of your support staff and also your customer service policies. Thank you.
#51759 by southsound
Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 pm
Please don't post multiple carbon copies of your rant because you made a bad assumption regarding the capabilities of your ooma purchase. The system works fine with all corded and regular corded phones - DECT 6.0 recommended because they are free of interference from wireless networks. Posting the same thing again and again does nothing to promote your cause. It just serves to accent your lack of doing proper due diligence. You could have searched this forum or even the ooma marketing materials to discover what the ooma system is capable of. We're happy that ooma has a great return policy. It will make your exit from the forums rather easy. Bye now.
#51775 by dsinternet
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 am
I love the forum, it's the first place I go when I have a question or the rare problem. The people on the forum know their stuff. I agree that phone support is a little lacking. But given how fast Ooma is growing I think they are doing great.
Last edited by dsinternet on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#51790 by DTMF
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 am
Used Ooma hardware seems to retain most of its value in the eBay resale market. You may want to look into that as a place to unload yours after you get reconnected to Packet 8.