Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51343 by sashusmom
Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:45 pm
I called support tonite and she answered all my questions. I would like to pass this info to anyone who might need it.

After disconnecting the jacks outside your house at the box on your house- (not high on the telephone pole!!!)-(do not cut the lines- just disconnect the jacks) and close up the box. Someone also suggested leaving a note in the box instructing to leave disconnected!

1. With the ooma hub- whole house distribution (dial tone to all house jacks) connect the phone port on the back of the hub to the wall jack. This does not have to have a phone on it to do this. If you do want a phone, use a splitter at the phone port on the hub to add in a phone.

2. To use a scout with this set up (to get your instant 2nd line) you CAN'T just plug into a wall jack somewhere else in the house. You need to take your scout to your hub unit. Using a phone wire connect one end to the wall port of the hub and the other end to the wall port of the scout. Then plug your phone into the phone port of the scout. This is your second line phone.

If you need more than one phone, use a base unit phone here with satellite phones elsewhere in the house.

3. If you want your numbers to ring independently of each other, use your settings in preferences to add a personal device and set up one of your 2 numbers to this. Your scout will pick up separate messages that are assigned to the second line and the hub will pick up messages from the primary phone.

If you want all phones to ring with both numbers then let them share with no personal device set up. Then the hub and the scout will all have the same messages.

It took me a while but now the 3 rooms that didn't have the dial tone do now, and I have the 2nd line on the scout!! :P Hooray ;)
#51405 by sashusmom
Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:27 am
I forgot to share my ignorance with you. After I had sucessfully set up dialtones throughout the house I called the number and the phones did not ring. ???? :shock: What's wrong. Tried again and the call went right to voice mail again!!!!????

That's why I called support in the 1st place. She asked if my envelope was red. "What envelope?". "The picture on your Ooma hub." "Oh ..yes it is red." Was then told the hub was set to do not disturb. Hold in the envelope button for 3 seconds. It went out. Now I will check th line.. and voila...it rings. Duh.....I felt really stupid!!! :?
#51406 by southsound
Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:31 am
sashusmom wrote:I forgot to share my ignorance with you. After I had sucessfully set up dialtones throughout the house I called the number and the phones did not ring. ???? :shock: What's wrong. Tried again and the call went right to voice mail again!!!!????

That's why I called support in the 1st place. She asked if my envelope was red. "What envelope?". "The picture on your Ooma hub." "Oh ..yes it is red." Was then told the hub was set to do not disturb. Hold in the envelope button for 3 seconds. It went out. Now I will check th line.. and voila...it rings. Duh.....I felt really stupid!!! :?

Don't feel bad... most of us have been there before. In fact, we used to joke about giving a certain "top poster of all time" a walnut brownie whenever he answered the question. We're glad you are here! Visit the forum when you have a chance and I bet it will be no time at all before someone asks why their phone calls go straight to voicemail. Then you get to be the hero! :P
#51426 by sashusmom
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm
Thanks Southsound!! I appreciate that. I am on another forum where they award virtual cookies for good sharing. Maybe this forums moderator or powers that be will set up a "virtual walnut brownie" reward system! :D