Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#3134 by mcperez54
Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:04 pm
Followed directions as described in start-up guide and I'm stuck with solid red 1/2 buttons and solid red play/forward buttons. I've double checked the connections, rebooted the system, etc. I have Internet access. Nothing gets me past this step.

The equipment I'm dealing with is a Comcast cable modem and a Netgear wireless router.

Any suggestions?
#3135 by murphy
Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:09 pm
You need to tell us how you hooked it up. If the ooma hub is connected to the cable modem, it is required that you power cycle the cable modem.
#3227 by mcperez54
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Not sure what you mean by power cycle, but it goes modem, ooma, Netgear router.

When I activated my hub, I indicated that I wanted to keep my existing phone number, which I am now told was not the right thing to do, that cable telephone subscribers need to first establish a temporary number and then port their number later.
#3229 by murphy
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm
Power cycle means turn the cable modem off, wait 15 seconds, then turn the cable modem back on.
#4426 by jsuchman
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:21 pm
I am having the same problem. I was able to get the > and >>| lights to turn off by plugging a phone cord from a phone jack to the wall port.
However, I still have the red 1 and 2 buttons. The ooma tab is also flashing red. When I run http://setup.ooma.com I get the following information:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Registering, please wait...

Phone Line: Connected

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Enabled

I have made sure that all of the necessary ports are open in the firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John S.
#4430 by dlong
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 pm
jsuchman, sounds as though it is trying to connect to ooma. Try putting the ooma hub after the modem like this:

MODEM --> OOMA HUB --> ROUTER-->

Did you activate it online?
#4432 by jsuchman
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm
Yes, I activated the hub first, just like the manual states.

My configuration is just as you suggested.

MODEM --> OOMA HUB --> ROUTER-->
#4434 by WayneDsr
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:19 pm
With ooma connected as you do, can you get on the internet with a pc?
Have you reset (power cycled) each piece of equipment?
Modem first, wait for it to connect, ooma, router.

Also, you may try connecting ooma to the router like a pc and see if that makes a difference.

Wayne