Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50884 by mrgoodwrench69
Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:54 am
My DSL speed recently dropped off by over 50% recently. After troubleshooting I changed out the "white splitter" that came with the unit for use with the scout, with a DSL filter I had on hand, and that cured the speed issue. Now my DSL speed is back to normal , my ooma hub works great, but the scout will not function. Do I need another generic phone splitter, like the one that came with the unit? What kind of splitter is? Thanks for any info.
#50886 by murphy
Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:17 am
You can't have a DSL signal on the same wires that you use to connect the hub to the scout. They are incompatible with each other. The ideal situation is to split off the DSL signal where the line comes into the house and run it only to the DSL modem and no where else.
#50892 by murphy
Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 am
mrgoodwrench69 wrote:I forgot to mention, I only have DSL, no phone landline .

Doesn't matter. If you are using the house wiring to connect the hub to the scout, the DSL signal can not be on those wires.
#50947 by mrgoodwrench69
Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 am
Up and running again..the speed issue was with my modem, now back to using the splitter that came with ooma hub, running line marked" wall" back to the splitter sending signal through my house wiring to the ooma scout. All is well...